DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Razr Maxx battery life

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    razr maxx

Razr Maxx battery life

Why am I not getting this extra long life with my battery everyone is talking about? My last phone was a Droid X2 and it's battery performed better than my razr maxx. I got the phone 3 days ago, so I thought I may have just been using it too much. I didn't charge it last night to test this. I went to bed at 11 pm with 40% battery. I woke up at 4 am to an alert letting me know my battery was at 15%. I let the battery die down and then I charged it completely. I have barely used the phone today. I've exchanged a handful of texts and read a couple of emails and my battery is down to 60% in about 10 hours. I have less widgets running than i did on my X2 and have downloaded very few apps. My settings are the same. I can't put a finger on what may be going on. Any suggestios?
    Last edited by ndtaylor77; 03-02-2012 at 07:04 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Well have you looked at your battery usage information? That will give you an idea what is using power.
    Loving the RAZR MAXX

Past phones
    Droid X Rooted and Romed
    Droid Charge Rooted
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    The Droid operating system and display are the biggest users of battery. My display has been on less than 20 minutes total today.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    mrcolwell
    Phone
    Driod Bionic
    This mine for today and as you can see I am at 44% after 15 he off charge...and 4 hrs of screen time

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr Maxx battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1330740877052.png   Razr Maxx battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1330740891096.png  
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx - Stock
    This phone is amazing. The worst I have seen is 36 hours run time between charges. Most charge cycles last more than 48. Using Smart Actions properly makes all the difference. Got to use the Wifi when you can and turn the 4g/3g off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Droid Razr Maxx, - Stock.
    It keeps going, and going, and going
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razor Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by ndtaylor77 View Post
    Why am I not getting this extra long life with my battery everyone is talking about? My last phone was a Droid X2 and it's battery performed better than my razr maxx. I got the phone 3 days ago, so I thought I may have just been using it too much. I didn't charge it last night to test this. I went to bed at 11 pm with 40% battery. I woke up at 4 am to an alert letting me know my battery was at 15%. I let the battery die down and then I charged it completely. I have barely used the phone today. I've exchanged a handful of texts and read a couple of emails and my battery is down to 60% in about 10 hours. I have less widgets running than i did on my X2 and have downloaded very few apps. My settings are the same. I can't put a finger on what may be going on. Any suggestios?

Are you on 4G all the time or you switch between 3G and wifi?
    SallyC likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX

Thumbs up I dunno about you, but MY battery performance is wonderous!

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze704 View Post
    This phone is amazing.Got to use the Wifi when you can and turn the 4g/3g off.
    Exactly my sentiments! I came from an original Moto Droid I, and the performance of the battery on this new Maxx is almost beyond description (compared to my old Droid, of course). I've even opted to leave my mobile charging cord at home when I head off for my usual 14 hour day of driving a truck. Worst so far (in the two weeks I've owned this new one) is coming home with 50%. I talk a lot, surf moderately with 3G/1G (since here in the middle of Nevada you're lucky to get ANY G), and do considerable texting. Not sure what these other folks are doing to get such poor performance from their batteries.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I used to freak out with my d1 when I would get down to 30%. But with this phone, when I get down to 30% it doesn't just drop off to zero in a hurry, it takes it sweet time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    I rarely get less than 3h of screen time with 50% battery left. That is regular daily use on 4G. On the weekend when I use it less and mostly on wifi I typically get 2 full days off charge before needing to juice up again. I have never been in a situation where I have had to worry about going dead. And I don't baby it. Everything on, screen at 80%, no smart actions, etc.

Tap'd to the Maxx
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by ndtaylor77 View Post
    Trikotret is asking the right kind of questions - if you are dropping charge that quickly when you're not using the phone, something in running that doesn't need to be. Look at data connections and apps like Facebook. I would consider using Smart Actions to control some of your usage (like turning off 3G/4G data when you have wifi access) and/or using a program like Juice Defender.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links