DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: bug confirmed..razor Maxx has issue disconnecting from Verizon when powered off

  1. Droid
    mrtoto54660's Avatar
    Member #
    2677
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3, Xoom
    #21

    Really

    Quote Originally Posted by harp666 View Post
    When you have your phone powered off and your 4g sim card is in your hand...and you call the maxx and it rings on the other phone as if it were still on and activated?.... yea...you could say I consider that an issue....LOL

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

    I think your reading into it to much to make it an issue. plain and simple if the phone is on or off your not answering it is a sign that your unavailable. if they want you to call back they should leave a message for you. it does not matter if it rings on there end or not as long as it goes to voicemail.

    PS: And you really shouldnt be pulling out the sim anyway......
  2. Senior Droid
    KeepInitReel's Avatar
    Member #
    5710
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Petersburg, VA
    Posts
    169
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by harp666 View Post
    When you have your phone powered off and your 4g sim card is in your hand...and you call the maxx and it rings on the other phone as if it were still on and activated?.... yea...you could say I consider that an issue....LOL

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    When you unplug a landline from the wall it still rings too, so what's your point? Like the other post says, your reading to much into it. Also if the person leaves a voicemail then you would have a record of it, if they don't them it must not have been important.
    SMH

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
  3. Droid
    harp666's Avatar
    Member #
    251794
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    #23
    Okay guys let's call verizon and inform them that the missed call feature on cell phones is no longer needed and that people can just leave voicemails if they want to get ahold of us. Better yet i can call all my contacts and let them know regardless if my phone rings or not to leave a voicemails because I won't see their missed call because they don't know if my phone's on or off

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepInitReel View Post
    I would rather have this issue which to me is not really an issue @ all. I mean come on when you dial a landline it rings 3-4 times before going to VM doesn't it?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
    Exactly! So to me it's not a big deal. Verizon told me that it's supposed to do that and the only time ur phone goes straight to voice mail is when ur phone dies! Who knows, Lol! I'm not worried about it!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
  5. Senior Droid
    cbreze's Avatar
    Member #
    201094
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    204
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    #25
    Non Issue as my phone's on 24/7. I hope all future bugs found are this "horrible". To quote a previous poster. 2 phones, 2 sims? Really?
  6. Droid
    mrtoto54660's Avatar
    Member #
    2677
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3, Xoom
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by harp666 View Post
    Okay guys let's call verizon and inform them that the missed call feature on cell phones is no longer needed and that people can just leave voicemails if they want to get ahold of us. Better yet i can call all my contacts and let them know regardless if my phone rings or not to leave a voicemails because I won't see their missed call because they don't know if my phone's on or off

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

    You sir are missing the point his phone is turned off. He wont get notified unless there is a voicemail left anyway. We are saying just because it rings on the callers in does not mean its a bug. Now if his phone was on and was not getting calls that would be an issue.
  7. Droid Ninja
    nikecar's Avatar
    Member #
    207706
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,250
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #27
    when I saw this title, I swore I read it as Razor Maxx discontinued
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  8. Master Droid
    scottysize's Avatar
    Member #
    115428
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanger, TX
    Posts
    394
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoto54660 View Post
    You sir are missing the point his phone is turned off. He wont get notified unless there is a voicemail left anyway. We are saying just because it rings on the callers in does not mean its a bug. Now if his phone was on and was not getting calls that would be an issue.
    Exactly. ^^^ Once again, and more seriously this time, why turn the phone off? Set it to silent and leave it on. It's a Maxx. You shouldn't be worried about battery life.

    I also agree with the post that this is a Verizon network problem (if you could call it a problem), not a phone issue. I've called my Bionic/Charge/Dinc before when their batteries were dead trying to locate them and they ring a few times before going to voice mail.
  9. Junior Droid
    ShadesOfGrey's Avatar
    Member #
    248896
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    #29
    Possibly it is a matter of the user having google voice or verizon handle the voicemail, and how many rings they have chosen in setup?
  10. Senior Droid
    Ag3nt X's Avatar
    Member #
    116010
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    163
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by harp666 View Post
    Because people on the other end think I'm not returning there calls because I have no record of a missed call....that's why.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    I set up my voice mail to resolve this kind of problem if they are too lazy to leave a message then they don't get a call back..
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Razor maxx camera
    By jimmysif88 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
  2. Max not disconnecting from service when powered down
    By harp666 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
  3. New Razor Maxx
    By tracfour in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 07:26 AM

Search tags for this page

calls disconnected droid razr maxx

,

droid maxx camera wont rotate

,

droid razr calls go to voicemail

,

droid razr maxx wont make calls

,

if my razor is dead will it go straight to voicemail

,

my razer maxx 2 wont turn on

,

razar maxx disconnects and says i need a sim card

,

razors droid wont turn on

,
razr maxx hd doesn't ring
,

razr maxx wont make calls

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+