DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: bug confirmed..razor Maxx has issue disconnecting from Verizon when powered off

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3, Xoom

Really

Quote Originally Posted by harp666 View Post
    When you have your phone powered off and your 4g sim card is in your hand...and you call the maxx and it rings on the other phone as if it were still on and activated?.... yea...you could say I consider that an issue....LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I think your reading into it to much to make it an issue. plain and simple if the phone is on or off your not answering it is a sign that your unavailable. if they want you to call back they should leave a message for you. it does not matter if it rings on there end or not as long as it goes to voicemail.

PS: And you really shouldnt be pulling out the sim anyway......
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    When you have your phone powered off and your 4g sim card is in your hand...and you call the maxx and it rings on the other phone as if it were still on and activated?.... yea...you could say I consider that an issue....LOL

When you unplug a landline from the wall it still rings too, so what's your point? Like the other post says, your reading to much into it. Also if the person leaves a voicemail then you would have a record of it, if they don't them it must not have been important.
    SMH

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Okay guys let's call verizon and inform them that the missed call feature on cell phones is no longer needed and that people can just leave voicemails if they want to get ahold of us. Better yet i can call all my contacts and let them know regardless if my phone rings or not to leave a voicemails because I won't see their missed call because they don't know if my phone's on or off

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepInitReel View Post
    I would rather have this issue which to me is not really an issue @ all. I mean come on when you dial a landline it rings 3-4 times before going to VM doesn't it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
    Exactly! So to me it's not a big deal. Verizon told me that it's supposed to do that and the only time ur phone goes straight to voice mail is when ur phone dies! Who knows, Lol! I'm not worried about it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Non Issue as my phone's on 24/7. I hope all future bugs found are this "horrible". To quote a previous poster. 2 phones, 2 sims? Really?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3, Xoom
    Okay guys let's call verizon and inform them that the missed call feature on cell phones is no longer needed and that people can just leave voicemails if they want to get ahold of us. Better yet i can call all my contacts and let them know regardless if my phone rings or not to leave a voicemails because I won't see their missed call because they don't know if my phone's on or off

You sir are missing the point his phone is turned off. He wont get notified unless there is a voicemail left anyway. We are saying just because it rings on the callers in does not mean its a bug. Now if his phone was on and was not getting calls that would be an issue.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    when I saw this title, I swore I read it as Razor Maxx discontinued
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoto54660 View Post
    You sir are missing the point his phone is turned off. He wont get notified unless there is a voicemail left anyway. We are saying just because it rings on the callers in does not mean its a bug. Now if his phone was on and was not getting calls that would be an issue.
    Exactly. ^^^ Once again, and more seriously this time, why turn the phone off? Set it to silent and leave it on. It's a Maxx. You shouldn't be worried about battery life.

I also agree with the post that this is a Verizon network problem (if you could call it a problem), not a phone issue. I've called my Bionic/Charge/Dinc before when their batteries were dead trying to locate them and they ring a few times before going to voice mail.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Possibly it is a matter of the user having google voice or verizon handle the voicemail, and how many rings they have chosen in setup?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Because people on the other end think I'm not returning there calls because I have no record of a missed call....that's why.

I set up my voice mail to resolve this kind of problem if they are too lazy to leave a message then they don't get a call back..
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links