DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Razr Maxx are not available in store, Order Only

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4, Droid Razr Maxx

Razr Maxx are not available in store, Order Only

Anyone have the inside scoop as to why?
    Very popular phone, but is it to give it a 'sold out' appearance or are they trying to limit the phones you buy because there may be a flaw?
    Many of these phones still have the black splotches you can notice when rebooting or on a dark screen and my battery life isn't anything to brag about although some here clearly have great battery life.
    I'm wondering if they see this objectively and see that many of the batteries aren't performing as well as they should so they're not sending them to the stores.... If I had to guess, I would say my phones acts exactly like a 1700mah battery, theres nothing 3300 about its performance.

If these are the best phones that I thought they would be....why aren't they shipping to the stores, why the delay!!? Why "Order Only"?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    They sold out... other than that idk. But they flew off the shelves. That I do know.

sent from my RAZR MAXX
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Well......yes and no.. They technically sold out, but when I asked again today as I did last week they have to be ordered, the stores will not automatically get them. So at this point they're not 'sold out' they're readily available, but only at warehouse by order.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Thats not hard to believe in my opinion. I think they may have only a certain amout of shipment sent to the stores and once they run out, you have to order them from the warehouse! This is a "Hott" item right now and it makes sense to order from the warehouse rather than only getting a certain amount delivered to the stores only to keep running out. Just order straight from the main source! This is just my opinion :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Section_10 View Post
    Well......yes and no.. They technically sold out, but when I asked again today as I did last week they have to be ordered, the stores will not automatically get them. So at this point they're not 'sold out' they're readily available, but only at warehouse by order.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Sorry about your battery life. I also saw a shadow when rebooting in the dark but it hasn't harmed my experience since it is not visible when my phone is on.

My battery is outstanding. I also bought my phone at a corporate store. I think it became very popular and sold out. Possibly now, keeping up with demand online is hindering restocking supplies at the local level. Just a guess on my part. I seriously love this phone, performance and battery.

Hope your battery experience improves.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I think Verizon was caught off guard as to how popular this phone might be. I just got mine yesterday and the manager in the store said they never had a huge supply of them and they went very quickly. He expected them to catch up with demand and have them back in the stores pretty soon.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Yeah, I think they only get a certain amount shipped to the stores. I agree, they didnt expect the phone to be in such high demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaod View Post
    I think Verizon was caught off guard as to how popular this phone might be. I just got mine yesterday and the manager in the store said they never had a huge supply of them and they went very quickly. He expected them to catch up with demand and have them back in the stores pretty soon.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    UPDATE: Even my local stores haven't recieved shipments of any new ones. The retail workers are a bit sketchy as to why. If they're in high demand why are they sitting in warehouses versus shipping them out. They're certainly not sold out, just the initial shipment of them that went to stores are gone...
    I wonder what the deal is....
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    if you are like me ( and you too can be me today only) you got the Droid Razr Maxx BOGO- buy one get one- as we had two lines ready ( or within 8 days) for upgrade.

with the bogo only costing my son and I to upgrade: $268.11 ,

THAT may be why they are sold out

today is the last day for the sale and deal, you MUST call Customer Care *611 as the stores cannot move an upgrade date ( about a week or so) to make it possible.
    Good Luck!

I look forward to a three day battery!
    OG Droid > Droid X > Droid Razr Maxx
    Asus Transformer
    Family owned:
    Samsung Charge,Razr Maxx #2, Acer A100, Nook Color, Nook Tablet
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Never in my year experiences with multiple 4g lte phones (tbolt, bionic, charge, regular razr) , that I have gone all day with 4g on. Till i met my Maxx, battery is EVERYTHING to brag about. Sure you can get a extended battery for must phones, but the Maxx is still razr thin with this monster battery! Love this phone... oh yeah black blotches, not a deal breaker for me. Best phone out there! Bar none! I can wait for ICS , sorry to ramble on, I have over a dozen android phones, this will satisfied my need for the whole year!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links