DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Razr Maxx are not available in store, Order Only

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Oh, i am not getting anything under 3000 mAh for 4g lte again, moto set the bar! This should be the standard from now on!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Heck, I ordered my Maxx yesterday (on the 20th - a Holiday) from the VZW website, and it went out the same day! It's sitting at my local fedex station as I type this.

So if there's a shortage, it exists at local stores, not in the supply chain, IMHO.

-Warr
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX

Verizon caught off guard? How can that be?

I can't bellieve Verizon was "caught off guard" with this 'rush to excellence' deal. They upgrade from Razr to Razr Maxx because of battery issues, and they don't think everyone and his brother is going to jump on it - especially the buy one - get one free deal?

Wifey and I went down to Verizon last weekend to buy new phones (both of us due an upgrade). We didn't know anything about the BOGO deal. Low and behold, we can get two new Maxx's for the price of one. Is this like dying and going to heaven or what? We pondered whether to get the Droid 4 or the Maxx, and quickly decided the Maxx was the way to go.

Then the bombshell.... Gotta order them. None in stock in the store. Huh? The girl even feigned going to the back of the store to see 'how many' they had. Sure. That was Saturday. They'd be in the store on Wednesday. Well, we both work full time, with NO time to go to the Verizon store until the following Sunday. Grrrrrrr. I can't stand it. So I prowl this forum, acting like I actually own one, feeling like I own one, but fiddling with my original Moto Droid I (which I still love, by the way).

So, next week I'll come on here and announce to the world that I now own a real live Moto Droid Razr Maxx.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    mrcolwell
    Phone
    Driod Bionic
    I think they want you to order them so you will have to come to the store to activate and they can try to sell you a stupid gel case or a charger that's all they had when I got mine 1 week ago

Mr. Colwell's Droid Razr MAXX
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by SEColwell View Post
    I think they want you to order them so you will have to come to the store to activate and they can try to sell you a stupid gel case or a charger
    Yeah, but if you're already IN the store, what's the point? I'm hoping the real story is, they just can't keep up with the demand. Or, they don't want to send a bunch of them to a store that isn't selling zillions of them, and ending up with shortages in one area, and a stockpile in another. You know, no Maxx's in Gabbs, NV, while Reno is short. Ha!!
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4, Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    Yeah, but if you're already IN the store, what's the point? I'm hoping the real story is, they just can't keep up with the demand. Or, they don't want to send a bunch of them to a store that isn't selling zillions of them, and ending up with shortages in one area, and a stockpile in another. You know, no Maxx's in Gabbs, NV, while Reno is short. Ha!!
    Thats the mystery here, they're no longer SOLD OUT. Theres plenty available, just not shipping to store, thats why I inquired. Any other high demand phone they'd be shipping them to stores as fast as possible in large quantities not one at a time which is greater shipping costs to them. They're not doing that though, I think they are deterring people from actually purchasing, they know when people walk into the store they want one then.

It seems, for reasons still unknown, they don't want as many people to purchase the readily available units at the warehouses. Could it be the issues ? To me it could be, even though battery life on some of the units are bad, they're just as bad as they many 4g units out there, its just that this is a 3300mah where you wouldn't expect it as much.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    I'm in a fairly small town and the one Verizon store was out but the next town down the road, even smaller town had four at their one and only store. This was in the first week of release tho, pre BOGO. I hadn't been in a store for awhile and was pretty amazed at all the iphone stuff, took up like half the place. The Maxx is worth the wait tho, no matter what it takes to get one.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    With the varying battery life issues others have posted on here in another thread, maybe they are testing them before they send them to avoid it becoming an issue anymore. I know its a stretch since we're talking Verizon here, but it is possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links