The RAZR MAXX is definately worth the extra $$$$$. As long as you leave the house in the morning with a battery charged to 100%, you will never have to worry about needing a plug during the day. The battery life is what battery life SHOULD be on a phone. It's something you will no longer worry about. As for the case, I recommend the silicone case sold by Verizon. It fits like a glove and adds almost NO heft to the phone. You can get silicone or the equivalent cases online too for a lot cheaper. Just google "silicone cases for Droid RAZR MAXX." The build quality is excellent and you DON'T need a screen protector. The gorilla glass is fabulous. And as has been stated, if the phone freezes, instead of removing the battery (which you obviously can't) just press and hold the down volume button until it reboots....I've heard differing fixes here...also you can press power and either down or up volume buttons at the same time and hold until it reboots. The phone is perfect and by far the best smartphone out there. Motorola is also known for its great call quality. You can't go wrong. All I ever buy is Motorola. Hope this helps.
2. Over the past month it hasn't frozen yet and there is supposed to be button press combo to hard reset like on pc holding power button.
3. I don't think you will find a more durable phone on verizon besides casio gzone phone.
4. Camera quality is decent but it's on a slow side. Don't expect to take images every second like on nexus.
5. Sound quality and volume are excellent.
6. The operating system isn't smooth and fast like ice cream sandwich.
7. Nfc and video projector.
8. Yes. There are very nice and cheap protectors and cases on ebay. I wouldn't pay more then $10 for both http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKE-SKIN-T...#ht_1228wt_908 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-EZ-HD-Cle...ht_1392wt_1186 combined. Any more and you are getting ripped off.
9. Buy one get one free, and doesn't get better then that but you either have to be eligible for upgrade on both or start new line.