DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Razr Maxx - Android OS @ 50+% of battery consumption. Is this normal?

  1. Droid Newbie
    ny_rockstar's Avatar
    Member #
    250943
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #1

    Razr Maxx - Android OS @ 50+% of battery consumption. Is this normal?

    I am coming from a Droid X - where I think the highest I ever saw the aos was around 10%...

    Now I am seeing 45-50 - - even 60% of battery usage being from android OS.

    Is this normal?

    Is there a way to fix this?

    I feel like my battery life isn't that amazing.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Jedi
    lloydstrans's Avatar
    Member #
    236023
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,480
    Liked
    268 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    #2
    My personal experience is yes, it seems to come down a bit in time. Rebooting seems to rile it back up. Coming from a DX myself.

    Living on the razr's edge "strop" aside
  4. Junior Droid
    taylor9t's Avatar
    Member #
    2416
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #3
    I felt a little duped on battery at first until I learned about the tricks behind the Razr Maxx from a great V store Rep. Plus an app that helps with battery consuption problems. It will give suggestions for what you need to do and gives you an idea of how long it will last at the rate you are going.

    First, the app 2X battery.... that's a cool app. The biggest battery zapper is the brightness of the screen. Drop it below 30%. Most of the time that's all the brightness you need anyway. The bright setting is so nice, but it kills! LOL

    Next go to the Task Manager in the phone... this helps a lot. Select every app and click "Add to Auto End List". It will automatically kill apps that keep opening in the background and zapping power AND data. I can get about 15 or so hours now and I am always on it.
  5. Master Droid
    rlarson_mn's Avatar
    Member #
    69118
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    320
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #4
    Interesting. I start using my phone at 7:30am and the end of my day (phone wise) is 16 hours later. I never plug my phone into any power supply during that period and my Razr Maxx battery level at 11:30pm has never been below 20%. I spent my day on 3G the entire day. The day it was at 20% was a travel day where I utilized my BT headset for just under 4 hours while at the same time using the phones GPS system. I also had over 90 minutes of call time recorded, numerous updates to word and excel files stored on DropBox, took at least a couple of dozen pictures which half were posted to the Internet, all the while having push email from google and yahoo active. Since the update was installed my battery length has gone up between 15-20% and my unit is measurably faster. Up over 1000 on AnTuTu to 6750 ish and up 300 on Quadrant to 2965 ish. My Razr Maxx is the best Verizon phone I ever had bar none.
    Last edited by rlarson_mn; 02-11-2012 at 10:25 AM.
  6. Junior Droid
    taylor9t's Avatar
    Member #
    2416
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #5

    battery

    Quote Originally Posted by rlarson_mn View Post
    Interesting. I start using my phone at 7:30am and the end of my day (phone wise) is 16 hours later. I never plug my phone into any power supply during that period and my Razr Maxx battery level at 11:30pm has never been below 20%. I spent my day on 3G the entire day. The day it was at 20% was a travel day where I utilized my BT headset for just under 4 hours while at the same time using the phones GPS system. I also had over 90 minutes of call time recorded, numerous updates to word and excel files stored on DropBox, took at least a couple of dozen pictures which half were posted to the Internet, all the while having push email from google and yahoo active. Since the update was installed my battery length has gone up between 15-20% and my unit is measurably faster. Up over 1000 on AnTuTu to 6750 ish and up 300 on Quadrant to 2965 ish. My Razr Maxx is the best Verizon phone I ever had bar none.



    That is so amazing. I really do adore this phone too. Just need to see whats up with the battery. Since the update we just did a factory reset today. Lets see if it works. The only thing is i want to keep it in 4g. Maybe thata the difference.
  7. Junior Droid
    galletta's Avatar
    Member #
    252779
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor9t View Post
    Next go to the Task Manager in the phone... this helps a lot. Select every app and click "Add to Auto End List".
    What is "Task Manager" on the phone? I see an Application Manager but it does not have any settings like you mention above. Sorry for my ignorance.
  8. Droid
    jimmysif88's Avatar
    Member #
    219233
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    95
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid 3
    #7
    The only verizon phone that came close was the d1 when it first came out(that was incredible).nice to see that moto after probably a million phones has another groundbreaker.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by galletta View Post
    What is "Task Manager" on the phone? I see an Application Manager but it does not have any settings like you mention above. Sorry for my ignorance.
    Task manager is an app in the app tray.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  10. Droid Newbie
    franlofter's Avatar
    Member #
    253196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9

    Wink

    I was getting very poor battery life, I decided to try the drain battery to 0 then recharge fully.
    after i did that i unpluged at 100% charge set all prog to kill after 2 min screen shut off and have been off charger 18 hours now with 80% left on battery, have used phone for normal things email, texts phone calls playing with settings etc.
  11. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by franlofter View Post
    I was getting very poor battery life, I decided to try the drain battery to 0 then recharge fully.
    after i did that i unpluged at 100% charge set all prog to kill after 2 min screen shut off and have been off charger 18 hours now with 80% left on battery, have used phone for normal things email, texts phone calls playing with settings etc.
    It's been said many times over, and on various threads, including many times by myself, that it is not a good thing to let your battery go down to 0 percent level. Draining your battery deliberately does nothing towards making your battery last any longer, nor does it do anything towards making it accept a more complete or 100 percent charge. What does go a long way towards making your battery accept a 100 percent charge is to power your phone off before plugging in the charger and letting the phone charge in the charge-only mode for the entire charging cycle. This allows the battery to accept a full charge by enabling the charging circuitry to recognize when the battery has reached a full charge, instead of being fooled into thinking the battery has reached a full charge at a lower level due to software or other services running in the background.

    Draining your battery for no other reason than to drain it only reduces the number of charge cycles it has left. Also draining your power to 0 in some cases has caused phones to be completely unresponsive and difficult to get started again even after attempting to charge. There are many examples of people who have had their phones die completely and then were having a very difficult time getting the phone to start back up again.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Another Android OS Battery Bug on RAZR Maxx
    By UntoldForce in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 10:43 AM
  2. Razr Maxx OS vs G Nexus OS? Maxx Felt Snappier?
    By daudi81 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM
  3. Droid RAZR/MAXX OTA Update Improves Battery Life Through CDRX
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
  4. Guy at xda puts a maxx battery in his orginal razr
    By randomcold in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 04:11 PM
  5. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 06:21 PM

Search tags for this page

android os using battery razr maxx
,
droid razr maxx tricks
,
how to lower android os battery usage
,
how to reduce android os battery consumption
,

how to reduce android os battery usage

,
kernan android os razr maxx battery drain
,

razr maxx android os battery drain

,
razr maxx battery android os
,

reduce android os battery usage

,
reducing android os battery usage
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+