DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: OTA fixed hotspot! Now, which phone should I keep?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

OTA fixed hotspot! Now, which phone should I keep?

Yea! People should know: Installed the OTA and the hotspot will now allow tethered devices to open perviously blocked websites, i.e. Yahoo Mail.

Now, if only my phone didn't get so hot on 4G. I've only had it a couple of days and it was doing that even before today's OTA. It is a replacement I got within my 14 day return window after my first phone's battery was under-performing. Now, I have to put one of these phones postmarked back in the mail by tomorrow's 14-day deadline and I'm not sure which one to send back

A) The one with a hotter battery -- battery runs at about 32-ish degrees and more with heavy twittering/browsing on 4G-- now all set up as I like it

Or

B) The one with what turns out to be only a little less of a lasting battery on 4G

Votes??

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    Yea! People should know: Installed the OTA and the hotspot will now allow tethered devices to open perviously blocked websites, i.e. Yahoo Mail.

Now, if only my phone didn't get so hot on 4G. I've only had it a couple of days and it was doing that even before today's OTA. It is a replacement I got within my 14 day return window after my first phone's battery was under-performing. Now, I have to put one of these phones postmarked back in the mail by tomorrow's 14-day deadline and I'm not sure which one to send back

A) The one with a hotter battery -- battery runs at about 32-ish degrees and more with heavy twittering/browsing on 4G-- now all set up as I like it

Or

B) The one with what turns out to be only a little less of a lasting battery on 4G

Votes??
    32 deg C? Am I misunderstanding? As far as I know that's not hot at all. All of my androids easily push 32-42 C when using heavy data. My Maxx is no exception.
    Last edited by DocsDad; 02-09-2012 at 11:58 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    The first Maxx, with the lesser battery life, never got over 30 degrees that I could tell. After a half-hour of video, for instance, I noted that that one would still be around 29 degree and would feel like nothing. I guess what alarms me is how hot the other one actually feels. I got the battery temperature numbers from Circle Battery widget but not sure how accurate/relevant/normal that is. Thanks for your response...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Just got my phone on Monday and I just got the OTA update! WOO HOO!!!!!!

Links