DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lovin' my Razr MAXX

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwabbit View Post
    I got my razr today. What's everyone think of the display? As soon as I tilt the screen in any direction, there is a green or bluish tint. I didn't see it at the store. Not a deal breaker I don't think,yet. Otherwise a major upgrade from the og Droid.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/gal...reen-tint.html
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X >>> RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwabbit View Post
    I got my razr today. What's everyone think of the display? As soon as I tilt the screen in any direction, there is a green or bluish tint. I didn't see it at the store. Not a deal breaker I don't think,yet. Otherwise a major upgrade from the og Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Now that you've mentioned this, it appears mine will do this too. I don't see this as an issue at all.
    MAXX
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Holy cow that's it! Hold the screen straight on, cool thanks.

When I use Swype I tilt the screen to right and see the green tint. Hold it straight on and no tint!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx
    Last edited by JohnnytheK; 02-06-2012 at 05:53 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Not a deal breaker for me. I really like this phone! Very smooth and fast phone. No lags or freeze-ups yet. Battery is awesome! The red led came on last night at 12am and I woke up at 530am and it was still flashing! My OG would have turned off 30mins. Can't wait to see what it does when I'm on 4g. I live in a small town, but there is a city 30 mins from me that will get 4g middle of this year. Hopefully, we'll get some of that lovin'. Thankfully my 3g is super strong here.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    This phone is the real deal. Battery length is amazing to say the least. Only have 3G where we are so 4g testing will have to wait a bit for me. Although during AA typical day of using wifi when available and 3G otherwise for all functions I had 70% battery left at 11:30pm after a 15 hour day of emailing, texting, posting to the Internet information as well as pictures, updating word and excel documents stored on drop box and of course surfing the Internet. Absolutely amazing phone.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    The phone IS amazing. I've had it for a week and a half and am very impressed by the battery life. When the new ICS get downloaded (within a few months I hear) this will be the ultimate smartphone.

One caveat: The phone froze on me yesterday and there was NOTHING I could do. Since you can't remove the battery, you just have to wait it out. It took a couple of minutes for the phone to correct itself, but at least it DOES correct itself. If your RAZR MAXX freezes up on you, don't panic. Just let it "heal"....I supposed that it's a push. If the phone DID have a removable battery, by the time you took off your case, took off the back, took out the battery, put the battery back in and then let the phone power up again, the same amount of time would have passed as opposed to "waiting it out" with the MAXX.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    As for cases for the new MAXX, the ones that fit the Droid RAZR will NOT fit the MAXX, so don't even bother. Not many MAXX cases are available right now. Diztronic has GREAT silicone-like cases but they're not available yet for the MAXX. Keep checking. Meanwhile, the Verizon Glossy Silicone case is just fine. I managed to get one of the only TWO my nearest store had on hand. They're not cheap (20 dollars) but they're really good. The ones at Diztronic are made of a material that is supposed to be better than silicone and their cases are a lot cheaper; plus, they are the best ones to put on your phone if you like the lightweight thinness and ruggedness of Verizon's silicone cases.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by droidaholic1215 View Post
    As for cases for the new MAXX, the ones that fit the Droid RAZR will NOT fit the MAXX, so don't even bother. Not many MAXX cases are available right now. Diztronic has GREAT silicone-like cases but they're not available yet for the MAXX. Keep checking. Meanwhile, the Verizon Glossy Silicone case is just fine. I managed to get one of the only TWO my nearest store had on hand. They're not cheap (20 dollars) but they're really good. The ones at Diztronic are made of a material that is supposed to be better than silicone and their cases are a lot cheaper; plus, they are the best ones to put on your phone if you like the lightweight thinness and ruggedness of Verizon's silicone cases.
    I emailed Diztronic (tpu-cases.com). They said the Maxx cases should be available in about two weeks. I agree - great case at a value price.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by droidaholic1215 View Post
    The phone IS amazing. I've had it for a week and a half and am very impressed by the battery life. When the new ICS get downloaded (within a few months I hear) this will be the ultimate smartphone.

One caveat: The phone froze on me yesterday and there was NOTHING I could do. Since you can't remove the battery, you just have to wait it out. It took a couple of minutes for the phone to correct itself, but at least it DOES correct itself. If your RAZR MAXX freezes up on you, don't panic. Just let it "heal"....I supposed that it's a push. If the phone DID have a removable battery, by the time you took off your case, took off the back, took out the battery, put the battery back in and then let the phone power up again, the same amount of time would have passed as opposed to "waiting it out" with the MAXX.
    I am planning to get mine on Sunday so I am glad to hear all the positive reviews. I thought there was a way to manually reboot the MAXX when it froze up. I am still going with it, I came with in 2 inches of getting the Galaxy Nexxus instead.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by treyinga View Post
    I am planning to get mine on Sunday so I am glad to hear all the positive reviews. I thought there was a way to manually reboot the MAXX when it froze up. I am still going with it, I came with in 2 inches of getting the Galaxy Nexxus instead.
    Re-boot frozen phone by holding "Volume down at the same time as power button" for about 10 seconds. Its a lot easier than a battery pull. Happened to me on Saturday and I was up and running in no time.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links