DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Activating RAZR Maxx

  1. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    Activating RAZR Maxx

    My phone will be delivered on Monday. Is activating it and setting up my Contacts, emails etc fairly simple? In the past I would buy the phone in the store and Verizon wld set it up for me. Just wondering!

    Sent from my DROIDX
  2. Master Droid
    DocsDad's Avatar
    Member #
    249154
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #2
    Activating should be easy although I have never done it except for a replacement OG Droid. Just signing back into gmail will dump your contacts in the new phone. Extra email accounts are just as easy. Back up your apps and those should be easy to get back too.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
    Activating should be easy although I have never done it except for a replacement OG Droid. Just signing back into gmail will dump your contacts in the new phone. Extra email accounts are just as easy. Back up your apps and those should be easy to get back too.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
    You mean back up my apps from the market? What abt all my pics? I shld be able to take the sd card out of my DROIDX and put in the RAZR so I wont lose all my pictures?

    Sent from my DROIDX
  4. Master Droid
    rosariorose9's Avatar
    Member #
    64045
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    253
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cece5702 View Post
    ... What abt all my pics? I shld be able to take the sd card out of my DROIDX and put in the RAZR so I wont lose all my pictures?

    Sent from my DROIDX
    Yes, you could do that. What I did, though, was to create a folder on my desktop computer, and copy pictures, music, etc. from my old phone into that folder. I then transferred that data from that folder into my new phone. For more info, see this thread: How do I transfer the music from my desktop to my Maxx? Quick and easy.
    Bye Bye Incredible
  5. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rosariorose9 View Post
    Yes, you could do that. What I did, though, was to create a folder on my desktop computer, and copy pictures, music, etc. from my old phone into that folder. I then transferred that data from that folder into my new phone. For more info, see this thread: How do I transfer the music from my desktop to my Maxx? Quick and easy.
    Hmmm.... Okay thanks!

    Sent from my DROIDX
  6. Master Droid
    DocsDad's Avatar
    Member #
    249154
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #6
    I just popped out my 16gb sd card from my old droid and put it in my Maxx. I have my music, pics, etc. I should copy the pics on my laptop for safe keeping though. Thanks for the reminder.
  7. Master Droid
    cece5702's Avatar
    Member #
    163633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
    I just popped out my 16gb sd card from my old droid and put it in my Maxx. I have my music, pics, etc. I should copy the pics on my laptop for safe keeping though. Thanks for the reminder.
    Once you put the sd card from ur Droid into the RAZR was any configuration needed or did your music & pictures just appear?

    Sent from my DROIDX
  8. Master Droid
    DocsDad's Avatar
    Member #
    249154
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #8
    Music and pics were there, no issues at all. I had an issue with backed up apps but that was my fault. I just re installed them and was on my way.

    Amazing coming from the original Moto Droid, re installing the apps was REALLY fast in comparison.
    Last edited by DocsDad; 02-03-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. SAFE MODE on Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX...yep, it's a winner!
    By FoxKat in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 04:32 AM
  2. Mobile hotspot in razr and razr maxx
    By simpsonao17 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. Will the docking cradle for Razr work with Razr Maxx?
    By rosariorose9 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 10:56 AM
  4. Razr accessories fit razr maxx?
    By dmisc in forum Droid RAZR Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 05:28 AM
  5. Apps for Razr/Razr Maxx
    By cece5702 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Search tags for this page

activate droid maxx
,

activate droid razr maxx

,

activate razr maxx

,

activating droid razr maxx

,
activating razr maxx
,

droid razr maxx wont activate

,

how to activate a droid razr

,

how to activate droid razr maxx

,

how to activate razr maxx

,
razr maxx wont activate
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+