DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Battery Life , Smart Actions and Juice Defender

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Super Battery Life , Smart Actions and Juice Defender

With the super battery life on the Maxx is it necessary to even use Smart Actions or Juice Defender? I am purchasing my phone on Friday. Not sure if I need a super battery though but I love the fact of being able to work all day and not have a fear of battery drain. Sounds awesome!!!!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The response to this is probably more personal preference. Not sure if there is a right or wrong answer. I'd certainly start off without either and establish a baseline. I do use smart actions, but I can't really tell the difference. I basically tell it to turn GPS and BT on when charging. I also have it power down the radios at night in case I forget to charge.

I'm pretty picky about phones, and I gotta say this thing was done right as far as battery life goes. You really don't have to worry about battery anymore unless you're watching videos or gaming all day... in which case you got other much larger issues than battery life!

Good luck.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Juice defender is probably not needed. One of the best features of the maxx is to not worry about battery life. As for smart actions, I use the disable data when it's plugged into the wall charger at nite. That way I get no email alerts but keep the phone side available for any calls. Unplug in the morning and the emails que up. I don't see any need to set it for any battery savings. This battery lasts all day and then some using the maxx as i like. Absolutely no battery concerns.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by buckfill View Post
    The response to this is probably more personal preference. Not sure if there is a right or wrong answer. I'd certainly start off without either and establish a baseline. I do use smart actions, but I can't really tell the difference. I basically tell it to turn GPS and BT on when charging. I also have it power down the radios at night in case I forget to charge.

I'm pretty picky about phones, and I gotta say this thing was done right as far as battery life goes. You really don't have to worry about battery anymore unless you're watching videos or gaming all day... in which case you got other much larger issues than battery life!

Good luck.
    What he said. I am absolutely blown away by the battery life on the Maxx. It so crushes the battery life on my Incredible that it's...well, it's incredible! That said, because I'm paranoid (probably because of my prior Incredible experience), I got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
    Bye Bye Incredible
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Agreed that the battery life is not an issue.

I do use smart actions to silence my phone and turn off the wifi when I get to work. Also use it to turn off cellular data when triggered by my home wifi and to turn up the volume when in the car. There is def a use for Smart Actions for convenience.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I've used the pi$$ out of my phone today. Voice, text, and email heavily. I don't game. I had probably 40 minutes of Pandora at the gym. I've been off the charger for 15 hours and 30 minutes. I'm at 70% left. I will do occasional stock market checks....weather.... nothing habitual. I probably deal with above average email, so I do log some screen time. I'm just very happy with this phone. It's been good! I can't knock it(yet). For what I do NOW battery life easily outperforms the iPhone 4. The IP4 was the phone to beat in battery life for me. It has taken things to a different level. I'm very happy with call quality and signal strength as well.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Just what I want to hear. My decision is made. Razr Maxx it is!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
    Agreed that the battery life is not an issue.

I do use smart actions to silence my phone and turn off the wifi when I get to work. Also use it to turn off cellular data when triggered by my home wifi and to turn up the volume when in the car. There is def a use for Smart Actions for convenience.
  9. Sal
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    If I could only get the kind battery life others are getting on their Maxxs. I've had it for two days (Tuesday afternoon) and have charged it four times. I put that good Circle Battery widget on and I know I lose 1-3 points of battery just by checking an email. I can lose 10-15 points with 30 minutes of any kind of constant use.

Mine doesn't seem to be nearly as long-lasting as others here are reporting. I'm hoping it will resolve in a couple of days of natural use -- as others say -- because now I'm wondering if I just got one with a bad battery. When I check the battery usage percentages, it looks like my display is just eating up the juice (at around 50% most of the time), no matter how I set brightness, etc. I even tried a factory reset last night. Still weak, based on other's reports.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    ^^^

Man, that doesn't sound right! My Incredible was like that - it's one of the big reasons I got the Maxx. In any event, have you 'conditioned' the battery? See this article: How to Condition a Lithium Battery | DoItYourself.com . If that doesn't help, then you might indeed have a defective battery.
    Bye Bye Incredible
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Something is definite not right!!! Are you still within the 14 day return policy? I think I would take it back to Verizon if its not performing like it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    If I could only get the kind battery life others are getting on their Maxxs. I've had it for two days (Tuesday afternoon) and have charged it four times. I put that good Circle Battery widget on and I know I lose 1-3 points of battery just by checking an email. I can lose 10-15 points with 30 minutes of any kind of constant use.

Mine doesn't seem to be nearly as long-lasting as others here are reporting. I'm hoping it will resolve in a couple of days of natural use -- as others say -- because now I'm wondering if I just got one with a bad battery. When I check the battery usage percentages, it looks like my display is just eating up the juice (at around 50% most of the time), no matter how I set brightness, etc. I even tried a factory reset last night. Still weak, based on other's reports.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links