I DID look at the Bionic, and its screen IS better outdoors than that on the Razr. If I spent most of my time outdoors, I'd seriously consider the Bionic. For someone like myself who uses the phone mostly indoors, however, the Razr is hard to beat for (imho) the following reasons:
1) While not as good outdoors as the Bionic, it's leagues ahead of my Incredible. AND, with Johnny's tips, it's even better;
2) The build quality on this phone is exceptional. I've never had a phone that feels this solid, and with the Kevlar backing, the Gorilla Glass, and the sealed battery (making it virtually waterproof), it'll take more punishment than just about any phone out there;
3) The battery...Oh...My...God. I'm in heaven with this thing. I could literally watch the battery meter go down with my Incredible. I carried two extra batteries with me to keep it going through the day. With the Maxx, I've gone through two days of fairly heavy use, and I'm still at 60%. Before I got this phone, I was initially concerned that the battery could not be removed. Not any more!!
4) I didn't realize how much faster 4LTE was than 3G. It's really amazing!
5) The Maxx is easily rooted.
So, in summary, I'll take the somewhat lower screen performance outdoors when compared to the Bionic. This phone seriously, seriously rocks!!