DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Official Battery Life thread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    My son got his last night we rooted it and froze some bloat and pretty much played with it for like 5 hours getting all his apps and settings to where he wanted it and it got down to 15%. Charged it last night and used it today just like he would've used his X. It's been off charger for nearly 12 hours. He just reported to me that's its only down to 70%. On his X he'd usually be down to 30-20%. 3g only (no 4G service here) gps off, moderate usage for a 19 yr old. And like it's been said.... It'll only get better. Well until it gets worse... Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Got mine last night, gave it an overnight charge. Took off the charger at 0630. Began heavy use at approximately 0800. Turned wifi on (even though no wifi service at work), turned 4g on, and turned brightness up to 90. Almost 2 hours call time, About 25 texts, very heavy internet use, and screen on almost non stop. At 2pm I had ran it down to 20 percent, however, I cannot overstate how much I abused the battery today, purposely. I came from using a Droid 2, which under the same use was dead by 1130am. This phone under normal use will last me all day and not recharged before going to bed. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid motorola
    got my maxx today and this is my first time with this type of battery chewer-upper. i've had the OG droid up until today. so it sounds like i shouldn't expect the best battery performance for now. but some questions anyway.....

so they say this maxx should give you a round trip gps nav from LA > vegas > LA, that's 10hrs of gps. seeing as how i'm in new york and have no car, i have to try other things. how much netflix streaming should i expect from a maxxed-out Rmaxx on 3g/4g lte?
    Last edited by miltk; 01-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    msblueline
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by miltk View Post
    got my maxx today and this is my first time with this type of battery chewer-upper. i've had the OG droid up until today. so it sounds like i shouldn't expect the best battery performance for now. but some questions anyway.....

so they say this maxx should give you a round trip gps nav from LA > vegas > LA, that's 10hrs of gps. seeing as how i'm in new york and have no car, i have to try other things. how much netflix streaming should i expect from a maxxed-out Rmaxx on 3g/4g lte?
    They said six movies back to back.

Had mine in battery for 15 hours 7 min. it's at 40% right now. I don't want it to drain completely. Even though it's only going to get better I am happy with it at this level off usage. Don't have to worry about battery drain through the day.

Look at my other posts with the times and drainage throughout the day. Get an idea of just today.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
    msblueline (ms does not stand for Ms., Miss, or Mrs.. It stands for Mississippi.)
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    After 15.5 hours of moderate use, i'm sitting at 30%.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Just an update.... I'm off the charger for 15 hours and 18 minutes.... 50% left. VERY impressed. I'm a heavy user as far as text and voice. I don't stream videos or play games. I did have an hour of Pandora at the gym. This phone has been a total "PASS" for today. Previous threads say that battery life will get better. Even if it doesn't I'm so stoked to start at 0730 and go to bed at 1100p with 50% left. Very happy here...
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    1 st charge and after 12 hours I'm at 51% with pretty heavy usage. This battery is a beast and will get better.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    It charged fully minutes after my post at 710pm.

I have been using it quite a bit since then. Browsing the internet. Texting. Multiple phone calls. A few YouTube videos. Rearranged everything on the phone. Removed unwanted crap from menu. Surfed Reddit some. Used Maps and Lattitude as usual. Downloaded a few things. Full brightness. 4Glte with it dropping to 3g every now and then. WiFi was on for a few, and back off. WeatherBug running live.

50% as of the post time

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR maxx
    Battery life is amazing, longevity almost as good as those nokia phones from the 20th century,

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Charged fully at 715ish pm yesterday...as my post above stated I did all the following....later after I got off work I checked my gmail probably 10+ times to find out I'm still lonely. Facebook a few times. Texting and calls.

14.5 hours of moderate to heavy heavy use....down to 20%

Love it!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links