DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Razr MAXX WiFi Hotspot problem?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG

Razr MAXX WiFi Hotspot problem?

I'm just about ready to upgrade my Droid OG to the Maxx. The one thing that's holding me back is a message a user posted regarding the wifi hotspot on his newly rooted Maxx. This is what he said in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by pappatech View Post
    Hacked the Hotspot just like I did on Razr. On the razor it worked great. On the Maxx it do ok until I pull something big like streaming netflix. Then it gets all goofy and locks the phone up untill I reboot. USB tethering still works fine. I did do the update on the Razr before I tried using hotspot yesterday. The Maxx doesn't have an update yet. I have read that the update was to address the hotspot issues that the Razr was having. Does anyone know if this is right?

Can anyone else who's also rooted their new Maxx try to replicate this issue with their phone? This is THE main thing I plan on using as soon as I get the Maxx. It's there's an issue, I'll have to hold on to my Droid OG until it's resolved. So, who else is experiencing this problem?

I also found this on Verizon's support forum:
    https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/742320
    Last edited by MaXGTS; 01-27-2012 at 06:48 AM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    Wow, 164 views and not a single response to try and figure this out. Way to go, A+ for effort!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXGTS View Post
    Wow, 164 views and not a single response to try and figure this out. Way to go, A+ for effort!

I would take the lack of response to mean that most people looking at the thread are in the same spot as you...looking at getting the phone, but have no answer for you since they don't own it. It might be better to post in the Razr forum as there are a lot more viewing that forum.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaod View Post
    I would take the lack of response to mean that most people looking at the thread are in the same spot as you...looking at getting the phone, but have no answer for you since they don't own it. It might be better to post in the Razr forum as there are a lot more viewing that forum.
    Good answer. Also since the phone's been out for what, a day?! Perhaps there's just not that many that root their phone before they've gone through their first charging cycle. 0.0

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX

Sarcasm is not necessary. You can make your point with out insults.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeverts View Post
    Sarcasm is not necessary. You can make your point with out insults.
    Thanks for saying it. I had also typed a similar reply but chose not to send it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    I'm just about ready to upgrade my Droid OG to the Maxx. The one thing that's holding me back is a message a user posted regarding the wifi hotspot on his newly rooted Maxx. This is what he said in another thread:

Can anyone else who's also rooted their new Maxx try to replicate this issue with their phone? This is THE main thing I plan on using as soon as I get the Maxx. It's there's an issue, I'll have to hold on to my Droid OG until it's resolved. So, who else is experiencing this problem?

I also found this on Verizon's support forum:
    https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/742320

Ok....wanted to test it for a while before I posted prematurely again......installed the .173 update and even though I have heard some complaints from others, so far I have none. In fact it doubled my speeds, which for 4G are not real good but that is probably due to the area I live in. Before I was getting like 11mbps down and 8 up ofr something. Now I am getting 20 down and 12 up. Hot spot hack is working, everything seems stable. It has only been about 3 hours but I noticed the problems before right away. I will say this, and I don't know if it had anything to do with it or not, when I got my razr it had .744 on it and I had to update to .748 then I did the hack. Everything worked. ON the maxx it came with .748 on it, I did the hack and it did not work stable. I fastbooted back to .744 then ota to .748. After that I applyed the .173 update and everything has been blissful since. Hope this helps.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    Where did you get the .173 update for the MAXX ?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    I can tell you that the Hotspot is still screwed up on the Maxx just like the Razr, if you use the VZW $30 monthly option. Verizon supposedly is working on a solution. I cancelled my hotspot service yesterday because of it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I can tell you that the Hotspot is still screwed up on the Maxx just like the Razr, if you use the VZW $30 monthly option. Verizon supposedly is working on a solution. I cancelled my hotspot service yesterday because of it.
    So the legit hotspot has problems accessing certain websites but the rooted wifi tether doesn't have any problems?
    Last edited by MaXGTS; 01-27-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links