DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Razr MAXX WiFi Hotspot problem?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    What is it with people like you? I guess you think this is your own private support group and that your are entitled to immediate answer.

I know you are frustrated but come on! Then you go and ignore the nice push back replies. enjoy "all" the voluntary support you will get from this community.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXGTS View Post
    Wow, 164 views and not a single response to try and figure this out. Way to go, A+ for effort!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    What if you root and install open garden? I pay for the mobile hotspot unlimited $30 per month, so not having that feature functional would be a problem. But if I could root and use open garden then I would be content. Appreciate any thoughts if any razr/razr maxx owners know the answer.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    So the legit hotspot has problems accessing certain websites but the rooted wifi tether doesn't have any problems?
    Since I haven't rooted mine yet (I'll probably be rooting it this week end), I can't tell you that the "illegal" hotspot works, but I can tell you that the Verizon approved hotspot does not work on all sites. I complained to everyone at Verizon and I held out until the Maxx came out, then I went and tested the Maxx in store with the manager, sales person, and head technician watching me I showed them all that the hotspot was broke. Then, after I explained and demonstrated, they went and found out from the second level techs that yes, the hotspot is broke and they are working towards a solution, but have NO idea when one will be available. So, moral of this story? If you need to run a WiFi hotspot on the Razr, root and run an illegitimate one.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    Scottysize, what are some of the websites that don't work with the legit hotspot? I'd like to have a rooted user try those sites out with the non-legit hotspot and see what happens.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    So the legit hotspot has problems accessing certain websites but the rooted wifi tether doesn't have any problems?
    No...it still has problems. I ran it for about 8hrs yesterday and had no problems. Today it is on again off again. Not consistent. Right now it is fine but connecting seems to have issues. Once I get connected, as stupid as this sounds, if I start off browsing web pages, checking email etc. and then go to to something heavier like steaming video it does fine. But if I connect and go directly to Netflix or try to download anything too big right off it disconnects and has issues. Like it needs to warm up . Trust me, I have a BS in computer science and I know how this sounds. But I have tested this about 10 times now and it seems to be legit. As for the .173 update... DROID RAZR Android 2.3.6 update (6.12.173) leaks, Install without root | TalkAndroid.com . This is really bothering me now, I will do some deeper-than-i-wanted-to-dig digging now. I'll keep you posted.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix111 View Post
    What if you root and install open garden? I pay for the mobile hotspot unlimited $30 per month, so not having that feature functional would be a problem. But if I could root and use open garden then I would be content. Appreciate any thoughts if any razr/razr maxx owners know the answer.
    That does not work either. That was actually the first thing I tried. Barnacle is no good either. I am pretty sure this whole issue is because Verizon tried so hard to make sure that people couldn't root and get for free that they caused the problem. If you put open garden or barnacle on razr or maxx, when you start them up the verizon hot spot fires up also. I am currently looking through the DB to see if I can find a CTA switch. I'll keep looking and let you know.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Scottysize, what are some of the websites that don't work with the legit hotspot? I'd like to have a rooted user try those sites out with the non-legit hotspot and see what happens.
    Like I said, I haven't tried it with the rooted apps, but I'm now rooted, so I can, if I get the WiFi tether for root going. Sites that I know do not work:

Yahoo!
    All Topics - The Latest News Headlines, Videos and Images - Digg
    Netflix App

There are a lot more, and the Verizon guy listed them off for me, but these I know for a fact do not work. I will mess with the WiFi Tether and see what I find out, but I can tell you that there are no issues, if you connect using the bluetooth. I have a Prime tablet and connected to my Razr's bluetooth and all of the above worked great in 3G land. I don't live in 4G land, so I'd have to try it tomorrow from work.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Ok so now I installed http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...3_1-pre105.apk It seems to be working but lets not jump the gun. In the settings I selected Droid Razr and enabled the routing fix switch. So far so good, but I will let you know since this seems to be an intermittent issue.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by pappatech View Post
    Ok so now I installed http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...3_1-pre105.apk It seems to be working but lets not jump the gun. In the settings I selected Droid Razr and enabled the routing fix switch. So far so good, but I will let you know since this seems to be an intermittent issue.
    That's funny. I just tried it and it didn't work for me, lol!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by pappatech View Post
    That does not work either. That was actually the first thing I tried. Barnacle is no good either. I am pretty sure this whole issue is because Verizon tried so hard to make sure that people couldn't root and get for free that they caused the problem. If you put open garden or barnacle on razr or maxx, when you start them up the verizon hot spot fires up also. I am currently looking through the DB to see if I can find a CTA switch. I'll keep looking and let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Like I said, I haven't tried it with the rooted apps, but I'm now rooted, so I can, if I get the WiFi tether for root going. Sites that I know do not work:

Yahoo!
    All Topics - The Latest News Headlines, Videos and Images - Digg
    Netflix App

There are a lot more, and the Verizon guy listed them off for me, but these I know for a fact do not work. I will mess with the WiFi Tether and see what I find out, but I can tell you that there are no issues, if you connect using the bluetooth. I have a Prime tablet and connected to my Razr's bluetooth and all of the above worked great in 3G land. I don't live in 4G land, so I'd have to try it tomorrow from work.
    Just tried all the links and had no problems. Pull them up just as blazing fast as the other sites. I think that the combo of .173 and the http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...3_1-pre105.apk with the routing fix enabled may have done the trick.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links