DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get it yet?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Do all the apps on DX work on Razr Maxx?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic180774_1.gif
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    Does wifi hotspot work? (using wifi not USB from tablet or unmodified PC/MAC)

What is the version/build info?

Thanks!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rn701 View Post

Thanks!
    I picked mine up at lunch today. Loving it so far.

Can't comment on the hotspot as I haven't tried it, but it's build .748.
    Your mileage may always vary.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    Those of you posting that you've picked up the Maxx today, please include the store and city in your message. Verizon store, Verizon kiosk, Costco, Amazon, etc. Thanks.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by rn701 View Post

Thanks!
    I bought the Razr 3 days ago, and got aquainted with it before trading it bak to big red. I got the maxx this morning...almost the same phone. Rooted it with the same script. Hacked the Hotspot just like I did on Razr. On the razor it worked great. On the Maxx it do ok until I pull something big like streaming netflix. Then it gets all goofy and locks the phone up untill I reboot. USB tethering still works fine. I did do the update on the Razr before I tried using hotspot yesterday. The Maxx doesn't have an update yet. I have read that the update was to address teh hotspot issues that the Razr was having. Does anyone know if this is right? I have tried open garden and Barnacle but they do not seem to work on this phone. Any ideas on how not to pay for data twice. I am grandfathered in on unlimited data plan.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid OG
    pappatech: This is a problem because rooting and using the wifi hotspot is the main thing I plan on doing with the Maxx. Please let us know if you find a solution to the wifi issue you're having.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

razr Maxx

Got mine today, coming from the Droid 3. I no longer used the keyboard because I've gotten so proficient with Swype, so why carry around the bulk? First off, I can't believe this thing has such a big battery because it is still very slim and light. Secondly, I don't get all the bashing on the screen, it looks really good. I know everyone loves Samsung's screens but they are too dark when surfing the web. This screen is not as bright as the old LCD screens but the colors and contrast are much better. I have it turned on full brightness, why not, I have a big battery!

The only thing I'm disapointed with is the strength of vibration. Incredibly weak, maybe because of the built-in battery? I will never feel this vibrate in my pocket and may never even hear it vibrate in a meeting unless I leave it on something that will add to the noise.
  8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    679 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bw13 View Post
    Got mine today, coming from the Droid 3. I no longer used the keyboard because I've gotten so proficient with Swype, so why carry around the bulk? First off, I can't believe this thing has such a big battery because it is still very slim and light. Secondly, I don't get all the bashing on the screen, it looks really good. I know everyone loves Samsung's screens but they are too dark when surfing the web. This screen is not as bright as the old LCD screens but the colors and contrast are much better. I have it turned on full brightness, why not, I have a big battery!

The only thing I'm disapointed with is the strength of vibration. Incredibly weak, maybe because of the built-in battery? I will never feel this vibrate in my pocket and may never even hear it vibrate in a meeting unless I leave it on something that will add to the noise.
    You might check into the app Volume+ in the market - several have used it on the GNex to increase the volume and it has worked on the vibration as well...
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'll try it, but the volume on the Razr maxx is awesome, very loud, only the vibration is weak. Will that app make the phone too loud?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx

Got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXGTS View Post
    pappatech: This is a problem because rooting and using the wifi hotspot is the main thing I plan on doing with the Maxx. Please let us know if you find a solution to the wifi issue you're having.
    I found a solution that is working good right now.

RAZR root - wireless tether issue

Go to #9 post. I have tested and I am getting 15mbps down and 8mbps up. Pretty good. A little slower than usb connected but not by much.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links