DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to razr hd

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4

new to razr hd

Just picked up a gently used RAZR maxx HD! So far I freaking love it!! Wayyyyyy smother than my og RAZR maxx..
    This phone came with the boot loader unlocked.. I've seen posts on the droid news section that tell me if I allow it to update I will lose my unlocked boot loader.. the update is already downloaded.. how do I stop it from installing!?!?!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Congrats on picking up an Unlocked Bootloader XT926, seems someone miss informed you. Once, a Bootloader is Unlocked, it Always is Unlocked. You can lose Root, but it is easy to regain.

Take a look at this thread, I tried to put as much information as possible into it to help out the Razr HD/Maxx HD commmunity. Visit here.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    So I SHOULD go ahead and let it update??
    I'm on 9.16.6 right now.. I have not rooted the phone yet.. I can't get a log in at droidrazr.com to download the utility.. Any body got a mirror??
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Bump. Need a mirror to the utility please fellas..
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    I'm not sure what Utility it is that you are looking for. Most cases you must Root first, before getting an Unlocked Bootloader. Which considering that you are running 9.16.6 and you have an Unlocked Bootloader as you mentioned in your OP, I would think, you would already have Root. In the event that you do not have Root, go to the Razr HD/Maxx HD Dev section here, look at the [TOOLS] that I put together that are sticky'd at the top of the page, everything you need is right there.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    I can't log into droid RAZR.com which is where the link takes me to download the root utility. When I bought the phone the guy had removed root but like you said before once your boot loader is unlocked its always unlocked.. Now I just need root and I'm in business! Lol
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    did you try to install su and update the binaries? maybe he just did a fdr and the root files are still there.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by 4low4fun View Post
    I can't log into droid RAZR.com which is where the link takes me to download the root utility. When I bought the phone the guy had removed root but like you said before once your boot loader is unlocked its always unlocked.. Now I just need root and I'm in business! Lol
    Gotcha. Your gonna LOVE this. Click here. Instructions: Extract the entire contents to your Desktop, right click and "run as administrator" on the "run.bat" file. Follow instructions and Boom! Make sure to use Voodoo OTA to backup Root before taking the OTA. After the OTA restore Root, if it fails, we can fix that. Also, then you can Flash a custom recovery and start having fun.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    You guys f'ning rock!!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Successfully rooted and unlocked! Thanks again!!! Now which rom to run? I downloaded liquid smooth but was a big fan of the moto based ROMs on my og maxx.. Any suggestions? This is also my first go with an unlocked boot loader. I've always owned Motorola's starting with my old droid 2. What recovery do you all recomend? My only real experience is with safe strap which I was a big fan of because its sheer simplicity.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links