DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Recommendations for vehicle window mount for nav

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Recommendations for vehicle window mount for nav

Sorry if this topic has been covered - I tried the search function, but to me it was not that intuitive and I did not get eh results that I needed.

Looking for suggestions on a good vehicle nav mount for the Maxx HD. I've searched ebay and amazon, but have not come across something that looks suitable. I've seen the Motorola OEM version, and it looks like the one I want but I am having a hard time justifying dropping $50+ on one. The universal mounts, I and leery of.

Any suggestions? What do you use for a vehicle nav mount, even if it is not window mount.

Thanks!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoemike00 View Post
    Sorry if this topic has been covered - I tried the search function, but to me it was not that intuitive and I did not get eh results that I needed.

Looking for suggestions on a good vehicle nav mount for the Maxx HD. I've searched ebay and amazon, but have not come across something that looks suitable. I've seen the Motorola OEM version, and it looks like the one I want but I am having a hard time justifying dropping $50+ on one. The universal mounts, I and leery of.

Any suggestions? What do you use for a vehicle nav mount, even if it is not window mount.

Thanks!
    You can find them on ebay cheaper. Also I have the Motorola mount and it is worth the money.
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

Aaron

"A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong03 View Post
    You can find them on ebay cheaper. Also I have the Motorola mount and it is worth the money.
    Yes, I have found the one I wanted on ebay, but it is $50. Call me a cheap skate I guess but I just can't bring myself to drop half of a C note on a mount. I just bought a very similar mount for my wife's phone (Razr Max -- Not HD) for less than $20.

Here's the one on ebay for $49.95
    Motorola HD Vehicle Navigation Dock FOR Motorola Droid Razr HD Razr Maxx HD | eBay
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    In my opinion, the OEM Moto docks are worth the money. I have tried the generic car docks before and it didn't last very long...wobbled around alot....and I just didn't like it. If it's something you plan on using alot, I would spend the money on a good name brand. Plus, the Moto dock will put your phone into car mode automatically.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    For Whom The Bell Tolls...Time Marches On
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    I also vote for the OEM Moto dock. I got mine off of Android Central's site a while back for $35 (that included shipping, had a promo code ).

I did a little searching, looks like everyone is out of stock except Amazon. Personally, I'd pay the $50 plus s/h. The OEM dock is fantastic. I love that when I put my RMHD into it it automatically turns on car mode. Worth the money IMO.

Links