DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questionable Battery Life

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Questionable Battery Life

Hello all. I just got a new Razr Maxx HD a few days ago and I'm unsure the battery life is what it should be. I will unplug my phone, fully charged, in the morning, and the battery lasts until I go to sleep. This is a period of approximately 12-13 hours, and I'm not running the battery down excessively in any way I can see. Sure, I use the phone and occasionally open some apps, but its not out of my pocket all day long. Is this normal? I just plugged it in at the end of a 13 hour run with about 14% battery left. Thoughts?
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Might be a rogue app. Check out Gsam battery monitor and see what it shows you.

Location services might be hurting the battery too so I would go to Google Settings -- Location -- and turn off both Location history and location reporting.

Also, where you frequent the most (work, school, home, etc.) is the signal strong? A weak signal area can drain the battery fast as your phone is constantly searching for a connection.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Battery meter may need training. I would run it down to 10% and the shut it off to charge it over night. Then see if it improves which it should. When you shut the phone off and plug it in you may see a big difference in what the meter said when on from the meter that comes up with it off.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX
    Use Smart Actions to limit the background stuff and as said above, rogue apps can suck any size battery down quickly. The battery life on my Maxx HD is fantastic. On my Kindle (now a Jelly Bean tablet), I use DU Battery Saver; seems to work pretty good.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Quote Originally Posted by styrofoamdreams View Post
    Hello all. I just got a new Razr Maxx HD a few days ago and I'm unsure the battery life is what it should be. I will unplug my phone, fully charged, in the morning, and the battery lasts until I go to sleep. This is a period of approximately 12-13 hours, and I'm not running the battery down excessively in any way I can see. Sure, I use the phone and occasionally open some apps, but its not out of my pocket all day long. Is this normal? I just plugged it in at the end of a 13 hour run with about 14% battery left. Thoughts?
    Your not alone, anyone who says you are is nuts. In fact many people complain about this.

See the thing is the phone will last a while if you dont use it like a phone LOL, I have seen a lot of people complain of the same thing, then you will see some people who just stare at it and modding it and try to make it all flashy and never really "use" the phone.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    torch709
    Phone
    RAZR maxx HD & droid ultra
    Quote Originally Posted by styrofoamdreams View Post
    one trick I learned that helped with battery on my phone is changing the mobile network from global to LTE/CDMA. Go to settings, below data usage select more, then select mobile networks, then network mode, finally select LTE/CDMA. I drive truck over the road and have not noticed any signal issues by doing this
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
    Battery meter may need training. I would run it down to 10% and the shut it off to charge it over night. Then see if it improves which it should. When you shut the phone off and plug it in you may see a big difference in what the meter said when on from the meter that comes up with it off.
    Yeti is correct. My first question is...did you fully charge with power off before you used it (as recommended in the owner's manual)? If you're like most, you probably didn't. Power off (press and hold power button, select "Power off" and accept), then charge to 100% as indicated on the screen when you press and release a volume control button. Then power up normally and use until you reach 10%, then repeat the power-off and charge method.

You may see significant improvement in a few days.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Battery life is also drastically affected by cell sight signal strength. If you're in an area of weak signals then it wont last long.
    I also played around the last few days to try and stretch my battery life, and what I did was run with WIFI turned OFF and ran with 4G only. I managed 51 hours before the battery hit 10%
    Never got that kind of run time before.
    I will say that I am a fairly light user, spending time on tapatalk and a few calls.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I get only like 14 hours on a charge and that's running wi fi and music on my old maxx I got 26 hours a charge
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
    Battery life is also drastically affected by cell sight signal strength. If you're in an area of weak signals then it wont last long.
    I also played around the last few days to try and stretch my battery life, and what I did was run with WIFI turned OFF and ran with 4G only. I managed 51 hours before the battery hit 10%
    Never got that kind of run time before.
    I will say that I am a fairly light user, spending time on tapatalk and a few calls.
    He ^ is correct. I have terrible battery life and it has IMHO a LOT to do with signal strength. I live in a home where signal levels are 1-2 bars, and I work where it ranges 1-3 depending on where in the building I am. We have a large power substation feeding the high speed rail lines that run at the rear of our building and I believe that contributes to the poor signal levels there. See the photo out our back window below.

For the most part my phone remains in my shirt pocket and is warm all day long. I'm lucky to get through a day with a full charge and I might not even use the phone once during that time.

Last edited by FoxKat; 10-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links