Any thoughts on other steps needed to make the OTA take? Or should I look to try and flash the OTA zip file from another forum thread from the stock recovery???
I have already done the process on my son's Razr M and was able to get it to work. Thanks.
To review for others here are steps I took:
- I am on stock ROM, rooted, Safestrap, RAZR HD
- Unlocked bootloader
- Never had any other ROMs in slots for SS so uninstalled recovery and uninstalled SS app
- (optional) I updated logo on boot to get back to stock Red/white M vs. unlocked warning text
- Used Matt's DROID RAZR Utility to flash stock recovery
- Defrosted all apps
- Downloaded OTA, but did not install
- Using ES File Explorer, I cut and pasted the blur_version.....zip file from /cache to root of my external SD (this was the OTA download)
- Backed root via Voodoo, temp unrooted, then rebooted into recovery via Quick Boot app (upon dead Andy, hold Vol down and then tap Vol up (while Vol Down is still being pressed) and stock recovery menu appears)
- Selected install from external SD, found the blur_version.....zip file and selected it
- It went through install
- If no errors you may be good here. If there are some fix as best you can.
- Once rebooted if you find your OS was updated but not the radio then do following....
- Go to KaChow's other thread: [TOOL] New Radio Flash> VANQUISH_BP_1007126.96.36.199P and follow instructions to install radio update.
- All is well....
Before the Update: 9.16.6 = After the Update: 9.78.19
Before the Update: 9.16.9 = After the Update: 9.20.1
To clarify there were 2 updates that depended on the System version your phone was, go into Settings> About phone> check System version for the above.
Also, check the BaseBand in the Settings> About phone> BaseBand the Old Radio ended with: 09P = the New Radio ends with: 15P.
This is a great thread to read all about the OTA.