DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need help with WI-FI

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Your carrier must love you, or NOT!
    im going to say not lol, especially when they see the 2-300g a month i transfer
    if they kill unlimited, ill be looking for the nearest bridge to jump off lol
    leeshor and IUFAN87 like this.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFAN87 View Post
    So....... heres my delema, at some point, I dont remember when, I deleted the verizon tethering and mobile hotspot app from my apps list on my maxx hd. .
    pulled this off mine from the system/app folder with root explorer http://www.mediafire.com/?wyw59bzjfmkgl5y
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    pulled this off mine from the system/app folder with root explorer http://www.mediafire.com/?wyw59bzjfmkgl5y
    Thanks, but it wont install. Downloaded it to my phone, got to the install screen where it asks "Do you want to install this application?" "It will get access to:"

Under that it is blank, except for cancel and install. Click install and it says "X App not installed." So idk what to do.

Long story short the tether is working on my maxx now and it tethers to my laptop as well as my TV. Only problem is it wont connect. Whenever I try to connect it just gives a msg that it cant connect and to check ethernet, wifi signal, etc. It has full strength. So any ideas on what to try?
    Last edited by IUFAN87; 06-29-2013 at 02:47 AM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    get root explorer or similar, look in root/system/app and see if the hotspot app is still there. if so you could re install from it.
    just curious, do you pay for the hotspot or did you hack it? if you arent paying for it, likely something is set up wrong in your hack or it broke some system file(s).
    Last edited by bweN diorD; 06-29-2013 at 01:40 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    get root explorer or similar, look in root/system/app and see if the hotspot app is still there. if so you could re install from it.
    just curious, do you pay for the hotspot or did you hack it? if you arent paying for it, likely something is set up wrong in your hack or it broke some system file(s).
    Looked in there and it's gone. Dont understand why I can access it from the settings menu but the app icon is gone. I went as far as to do a factory data reset on it this morning, thinking it would come back. But apparently after a system app is un-installed its gone for good. The phone was rooted and one setting was changed with sqlite editor to open up the hotspot. So frustrating, I just wanna wifi with my tv and my new yamaha avr receiver. ugh
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    maybe try putting the app i posted in the system app folder, thats where i got it from.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Finally got it working. All connected and streaming moviess on netflix. May have been a broken file like you said. I will mess around with it later and try to get the icon back so I can put it on my desktop. But as long as its working I'm not gonna worry too much bout it. Thanks for all your help bwenD!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    glad you got it fixed! happy to help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links