DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Done with Android

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    I'm going to use myself as an example, (and it's not a bad one at all). I type poorly and always have, despite the best efforts of typing classes when I was young. I also appear to have fat fingers, I'm 67 years old and I have a condition called wet macula in my right eye, which causes a problem with focusing close up. When my customers ask for help on their iPhones, typically with E-Mail, I carry a fresnel lens, (kinda like a flat magnifying glass), in my back pocket so I can configure their phone. When I'm finished I REALLY can't see straight

I'm making 2 points here, the first being that Apple just doesn't make a phone large enough for me to use comfortably. The second point is that as much as every one says that the i devices just work, I get an awful lot of calls from average people asking my help with them.
    I can't speak for your customers. But when i say just works back in ghe day it used to mean just that but now android has truly evolved to where newer android smartphones work well out of the box. But the iphone is easier to learn because there really isn't much to it. You slide to unlock then click on an icon. For the most part you can not do anything else unless it is jailbroken. Because of that it is easier for any one regardless of tech knowledge to pick up and be ready to go. Are there people who need help with their i products, sure i see people at best buy all the time asking about the basics from contacts to how to use itunes. But because the iphone is basically the same on all devices whether i have an ipod touch, iphone, or ipad i can learn or show someone else how to use another iproduct. That is not necessarily the case with android because jb is different than gb, not by much, but enough so that i can not just tell someone where to go in settings based on my device. And with carrier skins it adds for even more confusion for people not use to android. The other thing with android is that not all apps work. We see it all the time where a developer fixes a problem for one device and breaks it for another. This has improved a lot over the years as engineers have found away to improve on that. But we still see it from time to time.

Is apple devices perfect, by no means, i have seen them freeze and stutter as well. But apple does a better job controlling their product which allows them to limit fragmentation and keep devices on the same playing field software wise. That is the one area Google has yet to control, fragmentation. But with Google experience and nexus devices they are looking to try and change that at least for a select market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    leeshor and FoxKat like this.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII (i747) & S4 i337
    Premium Member
    @PC747 - I completely agree. I also run into the same types of problems supporting the various versions of Windows when trying to provide phone support while driving.

I have one really big (long time) complaint with Google. When they originally began assembling standards, like the home button and the back button it's as if they didn't really expect it all to get as popular as it did, so they didn't go far enough. A really really great example is how to do a hardware factory device/data reset, I have been through that problem with tablets on another forum and it's very frustrating. They really could have made something like that a standard, among other things. The other issue is the number of devices that still use Froyo after all this time, (not really Google's fault on that one), but they have made a lot of, (major) changes over a relatively short period of time. So here again, that's both a good thing and a potrentially bad thing depending on who you talk to.
    Currently using a Galaxy SGS3, SGS4 and LG Optimus G Pro also an ASUS TF700
    Printing and file transfer tips.
    WiFi issue tips.
    Adobe Flash Player .81 (Direct Download for 4.x)
    Guidelines of conduct for the forum
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    *looks around for the OP*

FoxKat and KaChow like this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII (i747) & S4 i337
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    *looks around for the OP*

LMAO, appears to have left the building.
    FoxKat and KaChow like this.
    Currently using a Galaxy SGS3, SGS4 and LG Optimus G Pro also an ASUS TF700
    Printing and file transfer tips.
    WiFi issue tips.
    Adobe Flash Player .81 (Direct Download for 4.x)
    Guidelines of conduct for the forum
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Maybe he ran out to grab a note 2.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    My bet is the OP already had the iphone when he made this good-bye post, lol! Now, he is trying to return it...
    FoxKat, pc747 and bkdodger like this.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    If you like for a phone to "own you" instead of YOU "owning your phone" then iPhone will be the right choice, if you are OK with horrible battery, non removable SD card, then..iPhone is for you!!!!!!, I've had all cell phones, Apples, berries and Droids, and all I can say is that by far, even after buying the S4 and returning it to go back to my note 2, It has been THE NOTE 2, no phone compares to it, performance, picture and the battery is the same or perhaps maybe one hour less than the MAXX...The note 3 its coming by September/October...Before you do that horrible transition, I would strongly suggest you to wait for the NOTE 3 to come out and test it and play with it, cause the only phone that could be better than the NOTE 2, definitely will be the NOTE 3....
    FoxKat, pc747 and bkdodger like this.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christiansectas View Post
    If you like for a phone to "own you" instead of YOU "owning your phone" then iPhone will be the right choice, if you are OK with horrible battery, non removable SD card, then..iPhone is for you!!!!!!, I've had all cell phones, Apples, berries and Droids, and all I can say is that by far, even after buying the S4 and returning it to go back to my note 2, It has been THE NOTE 2, no phone compares to it, performance, picture and the battery is the same or perhaps maybe one hour less than the MAXX...The note 3 its coming by September/October...Before you do that horrible transition, I would strongly suggest you to wait for the NOTE 3 to come out and test it and play with it, cause the only phone that could be better than the NOTE 2, definitely will be the NOTE 3....
    Eh in waiting for the note 4 active Google experience edition with on screen buttons. Already have it special ordered. Now wether or not Sammy makes it is a different story.

9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    790 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member
    PC let's just get a fund together and when someone wants to leave Android we hand them a Note...
    KaChow, FoxKat and Caesars like this.
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdodger View Post
    PC let's just get a fund together and when someone wants to leave Android we hand them a Note...
    Nice idea but sounds much better said than done. No way i am giving anyone a note 2 because they want to leave android. I am more than happy to allow them to go to apple world. Whatever phone they are wanting to give up i will gladly take. Bk i would love to help out with your fund (ok no i wouldn't) but i have a note 4 active Google experience edition to save up for.

KaChow and bkdodger like this.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links