DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cases That Are Available

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    XT1080M

Question Cases That Are Available

The first day the phone was available, I bought one. The only case available was the minimalist one from Verizon. Better than nothing, I have had that one since day one. It is simply a slip on thin rubber style.

No problems, but I would like to see what is available that others have and see pics, if you have them. I am not needing a giant air mattress that makes it impossible to fit in most pockets, but would like a little more drop protection. I know some companies that do make models that seem like are available for all other brands/models did not offer one for the MAXX HD.

Thanks for the time and help.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Hello txDoc, I googled it and found a ton of available cases for the maxx HD and the regular HD...lots on Amazon for a decent price...its all in what you're after. Are you looking for something like an otterbox commuter or defender...?
    jackiescivic likes this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    DROID RAZR MAXX HD Cases & Covers | OtterBox.com

The defenders make the device nearly unbreakable, at least my regular RAZR is.... not sure if the screens are more prone to breakage at the corners on the HDs.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I have a few different cases and my favorite is the Trident Aegis. It adds a little bit of size but nothing crazy. I like it best because of the rubber on the sides, it's a little grippy but not too much. It does make it harder to slide in your pocket but the nice rubber feel in my hand helps me hold onto it better if I use the phone while I'm walking the dog or something. Only thing I don't like is the little flap that covers the usb port, it makes it harder to plug in.

If you are a real minimalist, then you should get the Androidified Cruzerlite. It barely makes the phone bigger, and it's easy to slide in your pocket but also can feel slippery when you hold it in your hand.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I also use the Trident Aegis and I am very pleased with it. I work inside and outside and do a lot of bending over patients and equipment. I keep my phone in a deep chest pocket in my sweatshirt and the rubber on the side of the case keep it in place. On the flipside, when I'm not working I keep the phone in my pocket and have no issues pulling it out or putting it back in. I also like the covers for the open ports on the phone, helps keep water out during rain or snow. Unlike NLK above, I generally don't have problems plugging mine in to charge. First off I don't have to do it that often (yay MAXX) , and second I don't use plugs with overly large casings around them. I won't keep it for the full two years I'm sure, but long enough to get my money out of it ($9/Ebay).
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I like the shell / holster from the verizon store. (although i got mine on ebay or amazon)
    it adds very little size weight to the phone. it doesn't have any rubber on it. rubber cases pull your money out of your pocket when you pull your phone out. i lost $100 bill 1 X pulling a cell phone out of my pocket that had a rubbery case on it.
    & i like the kick stand for watching videos.
    Cases That Are Available-motorola_droid_razr_hd_maxx_xt926m_shell_holster_combo_motxt926mhoc.png
  7. 24c
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Agree with Jo-Jo_blu, had this case on my phone since day 1 and no complaints.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx hd
    i am using an otterbox case,nice but i like laying my phone on the dash while driving but with this case it slips and slides.That can be fixed and the case is awesome.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    XT1080M

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the info. Much of this I had no idea about. I am looking and thinking.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I've tried several, but the Seido Surface w/kickstand and optional holster is by far my favorite.
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    leland_7 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links