DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Verizon know there's problems with 4.1.2 update

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Rooted everything is perfect, works actually better then ever has

you guys with the Wi-Fi issues usually a hard reset has fixed that
    a lot did not hard reset with the update and yes you need to kinda like installing a fresh copy of windows you need to format and start from scratch
    when updating it seems a hard reset fixes almost all the issues people have
    Last edited by snowman; 03-25-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Do it all now you may not be able to do it later
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Not rooted and having battery issues, wifi issues. No issues with texting or gmail. I use the new Verizon Messages app though instead of stock
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD
    My son, who has a Droid RAZR MAXX, and I both have the JB 4.1.2 update in our phones and neither of us are having any text delivery or text notification problems. Neither of our phones are rooted.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PW_Irvine; 03-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Hmmm.Just a quick report. Stock rom here, no issues with the update that I can see, thankfully.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD
    It's my understanding that Verizon has admitted that the 4.1.2 update is a causing a "recognition problem" for older wifi routers. If you are having problems with wifi on your RAZR, try upgrading your old a/b or a/b/g wifi router to a newer b/g/n or b/g/n/ac version (yes, 802.11ac wifi routers are available now) and you should be fine. I have a RAZR MAXX HD running 4.1.2 connected to a Cisco/Linksys E3000 (a/b/g/n) router and I am not having any wifi problems with my phone. In fact, my WiFi Analyzer app shows greater signal strength on my MAXX HD (-40 dBm) than I ever got with 4.1.1 running. I use Cox as my ISP and my Speed Test app results are as follow: Download 24.90 Mbps / Upload 5.39 Mbps / Ping 16ms. Pretty decent bandwidth I'd say.
    Last edited by PW_Irvine; 03-26-2013 at 01:25 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PW_Irvine View Post
    It's my understanding that Verizon has admitted that the 4.1.2 update is a causing a "recognition problem" for older wifi routers. If you are having problems with wifi on your RAZR, try upgrading your old a/b or a/b/g wifi router to a newer b/g/n or b/g/n/ac version (yes, 802.11ac wifi routers are available now) and you should be fine. I have a RAZR MAXX HD running 4.1.2 connected to a Cisco/Linksys E3000 (a/b/g/n) router and I am not having any wifi problems with my phone. In fact, my WiFi Analyzer app shows greater signal strength on my MAXX HD (-40 dBm) than I ever got with 4.1.1 running. I use Cox as my ISP and my Speed Test app results are as follow: Download 24.90 Mbps / Upload 5.39 Mbps / Ping 16ms. Pretty decent bandwidth I'd say.
    I was it was that easy. My router is Cisco E4200 and is less than 8 moths old so I don't think its the cause. Besides the WiFi on my Razr won't even toggle on. When I do this from the system menu, it will toggle on for a sec or 2 before turning itself back off. I've factory reset before so I know what's involved. Usually leave that as a last resort. Thanks for the suggestion with the router

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Today my volume on calls is messing up I keep have to turn it up now before it was preset.....so there's another issue with this update mine use to be great until this update came out mine is stock...
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jughead75 View Post
    I was it was that easy. My router is Cisco E4200 and is less than 8 moths old so I don't think its the cause. Besides the WiFi on my Razr won't even toggle on. When I do this from the system menu, it will toggle on for a sec or 2 before turning itself back off. I've factory reset before so I know what's involved. Usually leave that as a last resort. Thanks for the suggestion with the router

Verizon knows there a problem with WiFi and hot spot with this stupid update they never tested...all our phones is doing something different. Please make sure u call Verizon to let them know of these issues...
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I know you "think" none of this stuff was tested...but as it is they (Motorola) always do a soak test before releasing these updates. So I have to believe there is some testing done by all involved as well as a rather large group of end users before it released to the general public. BUT I do agree that with every update/patch/upgrade there is always something not quite right! Why in the world would several phones, all built with the same hardware specs, all running stock (hopefully) have such different issues??? That is the $60,000.00 question that needs to be addressed, answered, and FIXED! Personally I have the MAXX HD and my wife has the MAXX and neither of us are having any problems at all. So I really do wonder what is going on here. Maybe all these phones do NOT have the exact same hardware??? That would certainly explain a lot of what's going on...especially if they are all running the same stock version of the software before the upgrade was applied.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by jughead75 View Post

Don't waste your time with a hard reset, I just completed that on my 100% stock Maxx HD and WiFi still won't enable. It tries and fails to enable the WiFi radio, just as it did before the reset. So now I have a bunch of things to restore and it still isn't working.

For anyone thinking this is a compatibility issue with older WiFi equipment, it clearly isn't per the WiFi radio on the handset is not able to be turned on successfully.

I guess it's time to call Big Red and hope they have something good to tell me about how they plan to resolve this issue.

UPDATE: Just spoke with a Verizon rep who confirmed there have been a number of reports of issues with WiFi after the 4.1.2 JB update, but they did not have a suggested fix for me. Once they found out a hard reset did not resolve the problem they advised I will need to call Motorola to see if they have a patch, otherwise they offered to swap out the handset... Will update again once I've spoken with MoTo...

UPDATE: I'm glad I work in telecom and have a high level of technical knowledge, (I do not work with cellular, thankfully) otherwise some of what these folks expect their end-users to be able to do could be tricky. I just finished a web chat with a Level 1 MoTo rep. They had me clear the partition, which also did not resolve the issue with the WiFi radio not turning on. They did confirm that the hard reset would be the other suggested action. Since neither have resolved the issue, I've now been directed to contact their 2nd Level support tomorrow during business hours. More updates to follow...
    Last edited by DiscKraft; 03-26-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Update
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links