DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DROID RAZR HD + RAZR M + ATRIX HD To Get 4.2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V

DROID RAZR HD + RAZR M + ATRIX HD To Get 4.2

I just happened to be checking my posts and came across a confirmation from MattLGroff that 4.2 is going through testing builds. Just thought I would share.

Full Thread see post #13
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Not that anything more has been said or released, but for those interested in 4.2. I thought I would post Google's spec overview.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Great to know... good for them for at least moving in the right direction quickly.

However, 4.2 introduced a lot of bugs, so either #1 These test builds will take awhile as Moto/Google/VZW work out those kinks, or #2 it will make the phones buggier...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx Hd
    Hopefully it s not too buggy so they can get it to us pronto!! I've been looking for it daily!! Lol!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by jber8103 View Post
    Hopefully it s not too buggy so they can get it to us pronto!! I've been looking for it daily!! Lol!
    My guess... is when they decide to do this, it will happen like the 4.1.1 soak. They will send out a round of survey's (3 was the soak), which the first 2 surveys were a minor importance (but needed to be completed to participate), with the exception of requesting your MEID (first survey) for the "push" and "authentication". The last survey was the critique and announcement of the OTA push. So, I can imagine if this update is done anything like the 4.1.1 the best way (that I imagine) to get input is to signup for those updates from Motorola and watch your inbox. Of course I'll update this thread with anything I hear, too.
  6. 24c
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    I am new to the Android phone game and am wondering if the update is optional. I normally get the latest updates for phones and computers, but the last update on my iPhone has me rethinking this plan.

Right now my MAXX HD has 4.1.1 and it is doing just what I want it to do the way I want it done.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    I am new to the Android phone game and am wondering if the update is optional. I normally get the latest updates for phones and computers, but the last update on my iPhone has me rethinking this plan.

Right now my MAXX HD has 4.1.1 and it is doing just what I want it to do the way I want it done.
    Well as far as I have seen with the last update it was not a forced update, that is you could keep 4.0.4 if you wanted to. Unfortunately, there were "Update Reminders" that periodically appeared, the easiest way to get rid of those notifications was to upgrade or delay the message. This app can be found if you look under Settings> Apps> All> Updater or more specific Updater 4.1.1-41 (com.motorola.blur.updater). If you can freeze (Root) or disable this app depending on your circumstances, you can basically avoid receiving those annoying and repetitive "Update Reminder" messages and rather continue to enjoy what you currently have running.
  8. 24c
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Thank you KaChow. I'll wait and see what happens, maybe 4.2 will be a good update and not a bad update. I have 4.2.1 on the Nexus 7 and it works fine. Thanks again for your time to reply.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    I saw last night that the U.K version of the Razr i was receiving the 4.1.2 upgrade and caught earlier the Canadian Razr HD is receiving the 4.1.2 upgrade, here's the internal link. Any thoughts???
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Considering that the OTA has been turned off, that is no longer is the Security Update 0.7.2 going through OTA nor is JB 4.1.1 going through from ICS 4.0.4 via OTA, of course none this works without alternative methods. I would have to suspect, though eventhough I can't find it notified anywhere and I imagine that Razr/Maxx non-HD are receiving the official release of 4.1.2 that was released over the holiday last year. There must be some sort of an update planned to be coming through for the Razr/Maxx HD very soon. I don't know what the update is, I certainly wasn't expecting 4.2.2 until Q3. But I imagine something is coming very shortly. Anyone else believe so, or have any thoughts towards it?
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links