DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon has Maxx HD for $179.99

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    So I went ahead and took the plunge. I got the Max HD. Best buy will price match with Amazon, I went ahead used the credit card, and low and behold it rang up as 112.00$! Must have used the money I spent on of Max towards the diff. I feel eve better about getting it. I can easily pay that off in a week.

Why I made the plunge, I took y'all advice, I think it was Tismydroid. Suggested I play with them in the store side by side. I did, I did not see a whole lot of difference in speed but HD was a fraction of a second faster. The display is nicer, but what was the winning moment? When I realized the interface was a lot more user friendly and it seem to be set up more intuitively to what I want to do. It was set up a bit like my old X with quick settings. It is a really easy phone to figure out.

Get if you can afford it. It's so much friendlier to navigate. Don't know why but I can type a whole lot better on this screen then I could the other one. Maybe that 4.7 inch screen makes a difference after all.

I know I should have put this all on another thread. But I got on a roll. Also it's a big solid metal phone. It feels so comfortable in my hand. I do love the circle Widgets. GPS is locked and correct, I used it for driving home. We shall see how this phone acts in two weeks, hopefully it will still be wonderful.

Buy it, take the plunge. I'm happy. Moderators u can move this if you need to. I got off on a tangent, lots of coffee this morning.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemouth View Post
    So I went ahead and took the plunge. I got the Max HD. Best buy will price match with Amazon, I went ahead used the credit card, and low and behold it rang up as 112.00$! Must have used the money I spent on of Max towards the diff. I feel eve better about getting it. I can easily pay that off in a week.
    BB charged you a total of $112? Are you sure? Amazon's best price is $145 if you add a new line to a family plan. And what about sales tax?

Just want to know how to get the same deal at BB!

TIA
    Last edited by kokishin; 11-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I don't know why? maybe it was a secret I should have kept. LoL! I don't know why it came out that way, maybe the droid gods/goddesses wanted me to have it. And I can't find my receipt strangely enough. Weird.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

battery?

I originally got my RMHD (Razr MAXX HD) from my Verizon store for $299+tax and I was amazed at how long the battery lasted. The next day, I saw this forum reporting the AmazonWireless price of $174 (no tax) and I decided to save over $100 by getting the one from AmazonWireless. That savings inclu​des Verizon's $35 restocking fee.

After two days, the AmazonWireless phone, does not seem to have the same battery performance. Perhaps the settings are different so I will hold off on judgement for now. I did notice the 1st RMHD had screen timeout set to 1 minute and this RMHD was set to 10. Perhaps that is the issue right there. While I continue to evaluate, I was wondering if anyone knew why AmazonWireless had such low prices. Are these refurbished or QA rejects maybe?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    You bring up a good point. When I had the regular Maxx it was glitch then I had someone at verizon to a factory reset, and I don't know what they did but they made it a whole lot better. My guess is the peeps at BB just don't know how to optimize the phones. They are meets every carriers needs all at once all the time, so maybe Verison is trained better and knows how to set up phones better.

I like your conspiracy theory on Amazon and BB. I trust best buy is giving brand new phones
    But I am not so sure Amazon is, because I can't see them get the box out and show me the new phone. I can be a little demanding when I get new electronics. It' s kinda like an automachanic, unless you know how to fix and set it up yourself, you are kinda at the mercy of who ever you get your phone from.

I went off topic but I can't see why BB would be selling refurbished phones. But maybe Amazon is.
    Last edited by bohemouth; 11-30-2012 at 07:49 AM.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I don't think Amazon is selling refurbished devices. But BB will match Amazon's price and BB doesn't have a $200 penalty if you switch the phone to another line like Amazon does.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    >The next day, I saw this forum reporting the AmazonWireless price of $174 (no tax) and I decided to save over $100 by getting the one from AmazonWireless.

Are you sure about no tax?

I spoke with an AmazonWireless CSR yesterday. She said they do charge tax and even emailed me their taxation policy. Maybe because I live in the late, not so great state of CA which requires sales tax be applied to the retail price, it may be different than your state.
    Last edited by kokishin; 11-30-2012 at 12:19 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    kokishin -- check out targetmobilestore.com. I also live in California, and I just ordered a new Maxx HD for $199.99 from Target (and it came with a $50.00 Target gift card), and they charged $0 in tax. Amazon, on the other hand, wanted to charge me tax for the full retail price ($729 or whatever). I think this sale at Target may end today though, so you might want to look into it ASAP.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Pacino: Thanks. I spoke with a CSR at targetmobilestore.com on the 28th and also confirmed that they do not charge sales tax which is a significant savings. At this moment, the deal is still there on the website. This is the best deal I have found to date.

I have been intentionally waiting for Motorola to ship with Jelly Bean instead of buying now with ICS and getting the JB upgrade later (within the next two weeks). Not sure if this is relevant but I thought it might be technically "cleaner" to get the MAXX HD with JB already loaded. Don't know if the JB update completely wipes ICS from the ROM before installing JB or if the ROM has leftover ICS residue after JB is updated. Feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by kokishin; 12-01-2012 at 10:56 AM.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    The JB upgrade from ICS is not as extreme an upgrade as the ICS was coming from GB, so going from ICS to JB should have minimal problems if any. I always do a factory data reset for any update anyway to ensure that there are no problems and one should have been required for the ICS update. But I don't think one will be so necessary for JB.

Chances are that once JB hits OTA (which is supposed to be happening in the next two weeks for the HD's), that the new phones will still have ICS and will need to be updated to JB after purchase. If JB is out when/if you purchase your phone then I would update it first thing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links