DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tell me why i should not sell my maxxhd for htc dna

1. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    This is how I figured it out. I prepay my Verizon account just shy of 5 months at a whack, payment due in December. Buy HTC DNA early December, little cash out of pocket, than abuse phone and have the HTC friends drool. Get tired of owning a "wired" phone, return for maxx HD, again little more money out of pocket. Up grade from maxx to maxx HD is a painless segue. And it won't fell like a $700+ screen update.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Thanks! Reading your post has made me think even harder about trading in my DNA for the MAXX HD again.

HTC listened to some aspects, but not in others. The battery life is very bad, if I don't use the phone the battery will easily last all day, standby time is fantastic. But once I start to use the phone you can watch the battery get lower and lower, on Thanksgiving I only got 6 hours of off charger time before it hit 30%.

Also, the MAXX HD has a micro HDMI port and MicroSD card slot, which are fantastic. Decisions, decisions!
    Lol...I'm at 1d 10h 37m and my battery is still 70%. Granted most of that time was on wifi but still....3 push email accts, texting, talking, constantly checking email, and I've only used 30% of my battery in almost a day and a half.

Plus with the DNA having only 11g of usable storage, I couldn't even take the modest amount of music and apps I had on my droid incredible and move it to the DNA.

The maxx hd is easily the best android phone on the market right now. You could make an argument for the S3, but the basics of the maxx hd win out...call quality, radio signal strength, build quality, battery life are all superior. The DNA is not even in the same league.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    I totally agree..not to mention all the HD accessories can can be purchased as well.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark

Lol...I'm at 1d 10h 37m and my battery is still 70%. Granted most of that time was on wifi but still....3 push email accts, texting, talking, constantly checking email, and I've only used 30% of my battery in almost a day and a half.
    That's it?? That's nothing.....I say stream HD YouTube for 20-30 mins and web surf for at least the same amount of time to really have a better idea on battery usage. But that's still surprisingly good.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    Standard phone use, texting, websurf, ebay, forums and I'm going on 38 hours since my last charge and I still have 45% battery left. I can't believe how much time I consumed always worrying about battery life and now I don't have to even think about it. Unless another phone does something special that the Maxx HD doesn't do or some feature you can't live without... It should be an easy choice.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    That's it?? That's nothing.....I say stream HD YouTube for 20-30 mins and web surf for at least the same amount of time to really have a better idea on battery usage. But that's still surprisingly good.
    There was some web surfing in there too, along with a couple hours of streaming music from sirius/xm. No streaming video though.

Right now at 1d 13h 10m my battery is at 67%. Granted not heavy use, but it is normal use for me. Obviously if you are streaming video you will drain faster. But still you will get much better life relative to other phones. I bet streaming video on that monster DNA screen will drain your battery in a hurry.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X

Re: Tell me why i should not sell my maxxhd for htc dna

Holy smokes! I thought I was getting great battery life, by the end if the day I'm usually down to 45%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    WiFi Hotspot hasn't been turned off since I got the Maxx HD. I stream Netflix on my tablet all the way to and from work (1 hour drive to work). Then I stream Netflix on and off while at work during periods of slow times. Phone lasts until I get home. I took it off the charger yesterday at noon. After working a 12 hour shift today, the phone died when I walked through the door of my house at 3am.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I hate to say it, but after using the DNA for a week I decided to check out the MAXX HD again as I missed it's battery life. Boy is this display small! The bezel on the HD is huge, especially the top and bottom, and with the on screen buttons you only get around 4.3" of usable display. Even though this is the newer HD version, the display has very obvious pixelation as well, worse than my Thunderbolt

I'll just have to wait until either Samsung catches up to Motorola in the battery and radio department, or wait for Motorola to get better looking phones with a better display and camera.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093
    I hate to say it, but after using the DNA for a week I decided to check out the MAXX HD again as I missed it's battery life. Boy is this display small! The bezel on the HD is huge, especially the top and bottom, and with the on screen buttons you only get around 4.3" of usable display. Even though this is the newer HD version, the display has very obvious pixelation as well, worse than my Thunderbolt

I'll just have to wait until either Samsung catches up to Motorola in the battery and radio department, or wait for Motorola to get better looking phones with a better display and camera.
    I'm sorry but I have to call bs on this one. The display is "not" small and to honestly notice any "pixelation" you literally need to be examining it with a magnifying glass. You are honestly comparing this to a thunderbolt??

This phone is beautiful! The battery life is UNBELIEVABLE! The camera is fine. The call quality and signal strength are incomparable. You cannot go wrong with this phone if you a sitting on the fence undecided.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links