DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Driving me crazy. Why no perfect phones?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Driving me crazy. Why no perfect phones?

I may be just ranting but WTF!!!!

I have OG Razr and need to upgrade my phone and I can't believe the stress its causing me. Do manufacturers sign a pact that says "We will never give the consumer what they want"? I don't get it. Here are my choices:

Motorola Maxx HD - Pros - Great build Quality, great radio, good looks, long battery life Cons -terrible camera (I have seen real pictures, they suck), horrible ergonomics, boatloads of bloatware, Expensive.
    Galaxy S III - Pros - Great features, great camera, great Eco-system (Google+Samsung),great ergonomics Cons - questionable battery life, build quality is great if you have experience handling eggs, poor radio, touchwiz super skin.
    Nexus 4 - Pros - pure android, good build quality, decent camera, quad core, inexpensive. Cons - No LTE?????, below avg battery life, no support for best Network so who cares about the radios.
    Note 2 - I'm sorry, but this is not a phone unless you are a basketball player. I am sure it works for some, the sales numbers prove this. That said, this is still a niche product, for every 1 person that loves it, there are 50 that find it amusing.

Can someone explain why I am forced to compromise when there are no technological hurdles prohibiting them from making a phone that satisfies all our needs? Would it be so hard for Moto to use a BSI CMOS sensor that is ubiquitous among flagships? Would it be so hard for Samsung to use premium material in their premier product like everyone else does? And must they supplement great android features with mediocre touchwiz features? S-voice? are you kidding? And Google? It's 2012, no LTE, no Verizon? $%# $&$ &&% ^ && ^%& $%& &^%$ ^%$!!!!!

I am seriously considering going to the Dark side .
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I completely agree, it seems that every phone lacks something major. Here's hoping the HTC DNA fills in the gap!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    The problem is, there is no way to build a product that will please everyone, and if there was; it would be huge, bulky, and very expensive.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD
    Business wise it doesn't make sense. After all they are in it to make money. They always have to leave something for the next one so they can continue to push out new devices. Now compare that to what Apple does and it's not as bad as you make it out. Apple doesn't leave out a little they leave out a lot. They have basically stretched out the life of one Android phone to about 3 "different" devices
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Re: Driving me crazy. Why no perfect phones?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    The problem is, there is no way to build a product that will please everyone, and if there was; it would be huge, bulky, and very expensive.
    I don't buy that. My title was hyperbole. I don't really expect perfection, just a good around phone. Even if it costs a lot. I gave reasonable expectations/solutions on each phone. None of which would add much to cost. How do I know? Because Apple has better materials across the board and charges the same amount as android. This is about speed to market versus quality to market.
    Example, the maxx Hd, HD, M, atrix HD. If Moto makes the HD and adds a kicka$$ Camera and 32gb, it would be flawless and still have best in the class battery. Instead they make 4 phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid View Post
    I don't buy that. My title was hyperbole. I don't really expect perfection, just a good around phone. Even if it costs a lot. I gave reasonable expectations/solutions on each phone. None of which would add much to cost. How do I know? Because Apple has better materials across the board and charges the same amount as android. This is about speed to market versus quality to market.
    Example, the maxx Hd, HD, M, atrix HD. If Moto makes the HD and adds a kicka$$ Camera and 32gb, it would be flawless and still have best in the class battery. Instead they make 4 phones.

Well fine, don't "buy that" - but what works for me isn't what necessarily works for you. For one thing, my "perfect" device would have a removeable battery. Since none of the new devices do, to me, they ALL suck.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    MAXX HD
    MAXX HD expensive? Compared to what? All recent Android phones that have 32GB of internal storage are set at the subsidized $299 price point. That's the expected usual price now for 32GB.

Iphone 5? So you'd settle for that 4" screen?? Dare yourself and try it out for a couple weeks then, see for yourself.

If not then get the Note 2. :P
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Re: Driving me crazy. Why no perfect phones?

Ok. I may not be able to take a 4" screen. lol.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Heck I'd like to remove my microSD card without a special tool!
    applemac likes this.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Well I'm getting the Note 2 as soon as it hits Verizon and I own a tree cutting/land clearing business. For me it's about the camera and I use a notepad a lot. But I've never played basketball. Hehe
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links