DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Compare Razr Maxx with Razr Maxx HD?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Battery life has improved
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Well, I posted a quick review of the differences in physical appearance between the two.

Also took some quick pictures of the Maxx HD Limited Edition tonight. I'm sure you've all seen it at other places, but here's mine.

Sorry. The rest are pretty blurry. My camera is only a 2MP:

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I DO like that red/black Kevlar back! I want one, but can't afford the move financially right now. Maybe I'll get lucky with an off eBay purchase sometime in the coming year.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Folks, I've merged two threads with the same questions and duplicate content. This should keep things less confusing.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Folks, I've merged two threads with the same questions and duplicate content. This should keep things less confusing.
    I was wondering why there were two. Thanks Kat
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Huge difference!!! People are totally missing the key here. The big deal is the change in die size from 45nm on the OMAP to 28nm on the Snapdraon S4 Plus. Also the integrated 28nm LTE/cdma/evdo chipset as well. Yeah, it's faster but you'll get much better battery life under heavy use and heavy data use with the Maxx HD compared to the Maxx because of the smaller die size and integrated radio. It will not get as hot either, hence less wasted battery.

Oh yeah, it's great having a 4.7" display too. Higher resolution may not help much but it doesn't hurt and the faster GPU makes sure it doesn't slow things down. I had it side by side with a coworkers Maxx and the phone is about the same, no bigger, maybe a little smaller. I love the design and build of the Maxx HD. The only boneheaded thing Moto did was give it MicroSDHC instead of MicroHDXC but I don't need that anyway. It would have been nice to have 2GB of RAM for future upgradeable I guess but I don't notice any problems with 1GB. Ok, one other boneheaded move...the camera should be BSI. There is no excuse for not having a BSI camera on a high-end phone. The great build and water-proof nano-coating help make up for those things. The battery life really makes up for anything else. It's just great to have a phone you can use for anything and not kill it in a day.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for all the input on this. I ended up pullin the trigger on it. I sold the RAZR Maxx with a desktop dock, a car dock & a Diztronic case for $320 on Ebay. Then I bought the Maxx HD with a car dock & a Diztronic case for about $245. I figured I could do it & not loose money (a perk of the job I'm being laid off of at the end of Dec). I just wanted to get it done with in case I didn't have that chance later.

So the difference for me is big. Battery life is a bit better on the HD. The cosmetics of the phones are a bit different but not really anything big. The OS though.... JB is WAY better than ICW, BY FAR!! The 3 main buttons simplify things, the task switcher allows me to keep apps from piling up, and to truly multi-task. The Smart Start works far better on the HD.... when I put the phone in the car dock, I have it enabling BT & GPS, then starting Voice Commands & the Ulysse Speedometer. It does it all quickly & with no user interaction. Then when I remove the phone from the dock, it automatically disables BT & GPS, any calls online go to speaker, & then I use the task switcher to close the apps with a couple of quick swipes. If it keeps working like this, I'm going to have to get another dock for the bike too.

Anyway, in hind sight, I would tell everyone to not bother with a phone with ICW on it & make the jump to JB.
    --
    Bill
    - formerly using the Casio Commando & the Motorola RAZR Maxx. Now running it right with the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD w/ Jelly Bean.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    After a week of using the Maxx HD, I have to say, it truly is the best Android phone I've ever owned. (And I've owned a ton of them including an iPhone.) For those who like the iPhone for it's feel, the Maxx HD feels as good if not better. The new Motoblur is a nice upgrade from the old Blur. The battery life seems to be the same as my OG Maxx, but I wasn't looking to improve battery life. Every time I pick this phone up, I can't put it down. It is easy to hold and easy to navigate. Well worth the $600 I dropped to begin with. Now I've got to replace 2 car docks.
    Last edited by scottysize; 11-30-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    bohemouth likes this.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Yes it was worth the money. I took the plunge! It only cost me 112.00$ I wrote a lengthy review on the "HD for 179.00" thread. I will say the interface, if that is the correct terminology. Is so much easier to navigate through. It just seems more intuitive and easier to find stuff here.I feel it's more user friendly. Much more so than the of maxx. I love the quick settings and the circle widgets. Chrome is a little weird, but I just have to learn it. I've only had it a day, and so far so good. Happy to have made the switch, I feel I can have a two year relationship with this phone.
    AirJunky likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX, Droid 1(retired)
    Quick question...Is it truly talk and surf with the Maxx HD? I can talk and surf with the OG Maxx if I am on LTE but I am out of luck if I am not. That to make would make it worth the upgrade.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links