DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Razor Maxx HD Battery

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    My third full charge cycle, I got 33 hours with moderate use.

Even had a hard time killing the battery when there was only 3% left. Still was able to watch about an hour of HD video on YouTube.

My primary goal with the this phone is to be able to use the phone in any manner I want for a full day without having to worry about turning off WiFi, Bluetooth, screen brightness, etc. Seems to me even with heavy use, the RAZR MAXX will never have a problem lasting the full day.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveD View Post

My primary goal with the this phone is to be able to use the phone in any manner I want for a full day without having to worry about turning off WiFi, Bluetooth, screen brightness, etc. Seems to me even with heavy use, the RAZR MAXX will never have a problem lasting the full day.
    Exactly! This is what is so great about this phone..you don't have to mess with anything just turn everything you want on and leave it that way and you won't have to worry about the battery.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveD View Post
    My third full charge cycle, I got 33 hours with moderate use.
    3% left. Still was able to watch about an hour of HD video on YouTube.
    I really have a hard time believing this. You were essentially streaming or at the least prefetching a 720p+ video, watching it, for "about" an hour. I really don't think so. How about 30 minutes?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Phone
    R2 unit
    Quote Originally Posted by CompulsoryRegistration

I really have a hard time believing this. You were essentially streaming or at the least prefetching a 720p+ video, watching it, for "about" an hour. I really don't think so. How about 30 minutes?
    I don't know his estimate sounds relatively plausible on the RAZR MAXX particularly if the poster utilized Smart Actions at all. I obtain these numbers consistently with auto brightness 4g and gps always on, and streaming music 2 hours a day (daily commute).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razor Maxx HD Battery-screenshot_2012-08-12-11-34-54.png   Razor Maxx HD Battery-screenshot_2012-08-12-11-35-05.png  
    If we all agree on it, it must be true.[citation needed​]
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by zomnomnombie View Post
    I don't know his estimate sounds relatively plausible on the RAZR MAXX particularly if the poster utilized Smart Actions at all. I obtain these numbers consistently with auto brightness 4g and gps always on, and streaming music 2 hours a day (daily commute).

I get similar usage but read the details of my post, seems incredibly implausible or he's very liberal with the usage of the word 'about'.

Let's not get too crazy with these battery claims
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by CompulsoryRegistration View Post
    Razor Maxx HD Battery

That was on my initial charge. I ran quadrant benchmarks, streamed siriusXM for 1hr15min, watched at least 10 youtube videos, tried HDMI out via phone into TV playing HD movie, made plenty of calls, lots of texting, wireless tethered for 2+ hours and surfed the web a ton. GPS is always on, brightness was always on full (not auto), mostly wifi. 4G would have eaten it up much quicker. No smart actions. I was beating the phone up because it was brand new.

It was more severe use than i would normally do but the screenshots don't lie.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Literally no single post addresses the "Youtube HD for an hour at 3%" remark, you can show me screenshots of your batteries and how long it lasted but it's still never going to prove that crazy statement. Again, all of your shots, -I GET THESE NUMBERs, I GET IT-

I do not however, see how you can watch an hour long 720p youtube video (while downloading it, obviously) at 3%.

How long is "about" again, i ask?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by CompulsoryRegistration View Post
    Literally no single post addresses the "Youtube HD for an hour at 3%" remark, you can show me screenshots of your batteries and how long it lasted but it's still never going to prove that crazy statement. Again, all of your shots, -I GET THESE NUMBERs, I GET IT-

I do not however, see how you can watch an hour long 720p youtube video (while downloading it, obviously) at 3%.

How long is "about" again, i ask?
    FFS, does it matter? Jesus man... your point is moot.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Now I'm not taking sides and I won't say how it is on a new battery but I do know on my Bionic it seems that my phone will last forever on 1% so Idk if mine is calibrated right but that could be what's going on here. I've literally been able to continue surfing the web or do whatever numerous of times for probably 15 or 20mins before she finally powered down, that's at 1% so i thank what he is saying could have easily happened so let's try not to act like this guy is insane with what he said, anythings possible.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    This is with small use. Music streaming, some sat navigation and a music tuner. On 3G mostly (by choice.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razor Maxx HD Battery-forumrunner_20121022_204040.png  
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links