DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why go for the Maxx HD over standard HD?

  1. Senior Droid
    dan.dar's Avatar
    Member #
    148882
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Why go for the Maxx HD over standard HD?

    Is it just for gamers and people that notoriously forget to plug in their phones for the night? The difference between standard HD and Maxx is only $50 on wirefly, so if there is a compelling argument for the Maxx I'd go for it.

    The razr HD with S4 chipset and 2530 MAH battery should technically last just as long if not longer on battery compared to the original razr Maxx. So if you're not a gamer and plan to store your photos and music on micro sd card, is there a reason to go for the Maxx?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #2
    You just can't go wrong with larger battery. Especially when it's only $199.
  4. crb
    crb is offline
    Junior Droid
    crb's Avatar
    Member #
    233066
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Htc Thunderbolt
    #3
    I have to pay cash to keep my unlimited data after the disappointing thunderbolt battery i will opt for maxx hd. Besides I drive a truck and if the truck breaks and I can't charge phone I need to be able to depend on a long battery life.
  5. Droid Jedi
    lloydstrans's Avatar
    Member #
    236023
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,469
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by crb
    I have to pay cash to keep my unlimited data after the disappointing thunderbolt battery i will opt for maxx hd. Besides I drive a truck and if the truck breaks and I can't charge phone I need to be able to depend on a long battery life.
    If your truck breaks don't be playing angry birds waiting. Lmao.
  6. Droid Ninja
    geoff5093's Avatar
    Member #
    65390
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Goffstown, NH
    Posts
    1,347
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    #5
    Even with the MAXX HD you are going to want to charge it every night, I doubt you could get through 2 full days of normal use.
  7. crb
    crb is offline
    Junior Droid
    crb's Avatar
    Member #
    233066
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Htc Thunderbolt
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans

    If your truck breaks don't be playing angry birds waiting. Lmao.
    True, I will pay the extra for the longer battery life. I plug it in daily, but better safe than sorry. Once you buy you can't just upgrade the battery.
  8. Droid Jedi
    lloydstrans's Avatar
    Member #
    236023
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,469
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    #7
    I had the razr and now have the maxx, big difference not having to worry about usage bad habits, screen brightness? No worries. Screen time out? No worries. Etc. Just use and abuse ALL DAY LONG.
    And I like the feel of the heavier, thicker phone.
  9. crb
    crb is offline
    Junior Droid
    crb's Avatar
    Member #
    233066
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Htc Thunderbolt
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans
    I had the razr and now have the maxx, big difference not having to worry about usage bad habits, screen brightness? No worries. Screen time out? No worries. Etc. Just use and abuse ALL DAY LONG.
    And I like the feel of the heavier, thicker phone.
    Hopefully its lighter than my thunderbolt with extended battery which is heavy.
  10. Senior Droid
    dan.dar's Avatar
    Member #
    148882
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    It's fairly light. I just got back from the store. In pictures you can see the difference in thickness. In person, the difference in negligible and you can hardly tell the difference holding both in your hand. I think I'm going to go for it because I'll have to keep it for 2 years. Since batteries degrade over time and this one can not be replaced, I'll have a higher margin for error down the road with the Max as opposed to the regular HD.
  11. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dan.dar View Post
    It's fairly light. I just got back from the store. In pictures you can see the difference in thickness. In person, the difference in negligible and you can hardly tell the difference holding both in your hand. I think I'm going to go for it because I'll have to keep it for 2 years. Since batteries degrade over time and this one can not be replaced, I'll have a higher margin for error down the road with the Max as opposed to the regular HD.
    I know you probably couldn't test much, but I also know you're very curious as well... so I'll ask, how was reception?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Razr Maxx OS vs G Nexus OS? Maxx Felt Snappier?
    By daudi81 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM
  2. MAXX or standard battery?
    By Einsteindks in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 04:56 PM
  3. Quadrant Standard
    By Anathema in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 11:01 AM
  4. Standard 2.2 Gallery?
    By ljholland in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 05:57 AM
  5. Turning Standard SMS Off
    By dyrelogan in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Search tags for this page

difference between razor maxx hd & razor hd

,

difference between razr maxx and razr maxx hd

,

does a droid x battery degrade over time

,

droid razr hd refurbished

,

droid razr maxx hd

,

droid x battery degrade over time

,

razr hd signal

,

razr maxx hd refurbished

,

refurbished droid razr hd

,
refurbished maxx hd
,

refurbished razor maxx hd

,
refurbished razr hd
,
refurbished razr maxx battery sucks
,

refurbished razr maxx hd

,

why buy the maxx hd over the max

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+