DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post
    Yep, just googled it. The m, hd, and maxx hd all have nfc (near field communication)

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
    It has NFC, but photos aren't transferred via NFC. I they get transferred by wifi direct

-Sent from my Droid DNA
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Twitter
    TemptingReviews
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    It has NFC, but photos aren't transferred via NFC. I they get transferred by wifi direct

-Sent from my Droid DNA
    Negative. You can most certainly Android Beam photos from the RAZR HD/MAXX HD to another NFC device. Works from Gallery.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    I live in a rural Nebraska town and don't ever have any signal strength issues or dropped calls. I've always had good luck with Moto phones in this regard. I am debating the two devices (DRM HD & SGS3) and am only hung up on my concern for signal strength/dropped calls. Does anyone on this thread live in a rural area and have any issues with the SGS3 as far as signal strength/dropped calls? I've read a decent amount of concerns on this for the Samsung device and would like some feedback from some owners. I'm aware of the difference between the two devices and this is the only hang-up for me. P.s. I'm on Verizon.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by revelated View Post
    Negative. You can most certainly Android Beam photos from the RAZR HD/MAXX HD to another NFC device. Works from Gallery.
    Hmmm... I always heard that NFC was for small data transfers, such as websites, contacts, etc. On the GS3 touching the phones starts the connection by NFC, but uses WiFi direct to actually transfer the images and videos, which allows the phones to be separated rather than having to keep the phones touching for several minutes.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093
    Hmmm... I always heard that NFC was for small data transfers, such as websites, contacts, etc. On the GS3 touching the phones starts the connection by NFC, but uses WiFi direct to actually transfer the images and videos, which allows the phones to be separated rather than having to keep the phones touching for several minutes.
    I saw my brother in law use Wi-Fi direct on his note 2 tonight. It's slick. So either way I wouldn't worry about it. Transfers will be easy no matter what you use

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Twitter
    TemptingReviews
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I believe the only requirement (which I think is silly and flies in the face of "standards") is that both devices have to be on the exact same OS.

For example, if I try doing it from my ICS RAZR MAXX HD to my Jelly Bean 4.2 Nexus 7, I get a large file error. However I know I've done this transfer when I used to have a Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean and sending photos to that same Nexus 7 before it was 4.2.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

In JellyBean nfc establishes connection, then photos and videos get sent with Bluetooth so the devices don't need to be next to each other. Still not as fast as S-beam but better than what is available in ICS.

Sent from my MAXX HD.
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleason81
    I live in a rural Nebraska town and don't ever have any signal strength issues or dropped calls. I've always had good luck with Moto phones in this regard. I am debating the two devices (DRM HD & SGS3) and am only hung up on my concern for signal strength/dropped calls. Does anyone on this thread live in a rural area and have any issues with the SGS3 as far as signal strength/dropped calls? I've read a decent amount of concerns on this for the Samsung device and would like some feedback from some owners. I'm aware of the difference between the two devices and this is the only hang-up for me. P.s. I'm on Verizon.

I live pretty far outside of town, and a good distance from the nearest 4G /regular cell tower, and haven't had any problems worth reception or signal. Obviously, its slower than being in town, but I've never had a dropped call (except in a couple universal dead zones) with my GS3. Hope this helps :-) MAXX HD was exactly the same for me. Data speeds were maybe just barely better. I stuck with the GS3 for other reasons. :-)
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid3
    I had the s3 and I ended up having to swap it for the Razr Maxx. I live in a very rural area and the phone conversations were choppy. You could only make out every other word. Once I switched phones the calls were fine. I loved the s3 and would have kept it had it not been for that. The screen was awesome and I loved the phone overall. I would rather have the HD but it was not out yet when I swapped.
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleason81
    I had the GS3 for a week and a half and traded for the Maxx HD after dropping a few calls. No problems with the Motorola phone yet.
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Links