DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by jon341427 View Post
    I'd bet money that the specs will be
    720p screen
    1.2 dual core
    1 gb of ram
    8mp camera
    Don't bet anything on those specs. We can be pretty confident it will not be a TI OMAP. Benchmarks have already shown that it has an S4 processor which will probably be 1.5GHz. Clock speed doesn't matter as much as the newer S4 design compared to the current OMAPs that are available and the faster Adreno 225 GPU. I'm hoping for the Adreno 320 in the Razr HD but would be happy with the Adreno 225. The S4 has the huge advantage of using a 28nm die size which will save a lot of battery compared to the 45nm die of the OMAP making that 3300mAH battery last even longer than on the Maxx. The S4 also has an advantage by using some optimizations from the ARM Cortex A15 design where as the OMAPs, Tegra 3, and even the new Samsung quad-core, are all based on the ARM Cortex A9 design. This gives the S4 a core to core advantage over all the compitition basically and explains why you see the S4 beating the quad core Tegra 3 in most benchmarks. Also, since it's the only one of those using a 28nm die size it uses less power. The Samsung Quad is 32nm and the Tegra 3 in 40nm.

Photos that seem to be from the Razr HD have suggested a 12ish MP camera so again, you're probably wrong there. Sony is doing 13MP camera's. Moto may have gotten the camera from Sony - that would be a good thing The Sony thing is completely my guess. I just want a good quality camera with a back side illuminated cmos sensor. If Moto gives it a good bsi camera that would be a first for a Moto phone I think - and it is very overdue.

I'm curious as to your basis for the 1GB of RAM. The RAM is probably one of the least expensive components right now. I'm expecting 2GB since the Samsung GS3 has 2GB and the recently announced LG on Verizon will have 2GB.

Come on Motorola and Verizon!!! Tell us what's coming so we don't have to have silly conversations trying to guess what will be in the Razr HD - or even if that will be the name!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    anyone else think the HD is going to get released right after big V changes to their data share plan?
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Yeah a bit of info would be awesome. If it does drop in early July... that will suck, but i will definitely be getting it anyway, @ full price.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by JScharf92 View Post
    anyone else think the HD is going to get released right after big V changes to their data share plan?
    I called Verizon yesterday to ask about that. The person I talked to said that as long as I was upgrading my phone my plan wouldn't change at all. I wouldn't need to move to the "share everything" plan and my data would stay unlimited. I have a Droid X that I bought a few days after it was released and I'm elidgable for an upgrade now. The person I talked to was very sure of her reply. We'll see what happens when the time comes!
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    All I know is that the vanquish would've been an awesome fathers day gift lol.

6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    The vanquish is the perfect name for a flagship Motorola device after June 28. Vanquish as in Verizon vanquishing unlimited and going for the wallet. Oh well wonder what the Droid 5 will be hopefully they put a bigger battery and go nice with the screen. Still may be in the hunt for the vanquish. Just going to wait probably until Christmas and get the max deal i can for it. Game plan is to upgrade when they have the double data promotion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Yeah... this change from vzw still ticks me off... and i agree about the name

pc747 likes this.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Today is the day!!! Today is the day that we're going to :what: find out!!!!! absolutely nothing grrrrrr :banghead:

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    If they are waiting until a couple months after the galaxy S3 is released, that means we won't be seeing this phone till well in September
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1
    Yeah... this change from vzw still ticks me off... and i agree about the name

Hey 94lt1! Good morning! Just found this thread talking about the "Vanquish"?
    LOL... When you wrote "PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED" , was that maybe a crystal ball kind of thing, or do you really have the inside scoop??????? o-0??? Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
Page 5 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Links