DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 44 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    They may have an unlock tool. But remember motorola is looking to be the premier business phone taking the place of blackberry. So the people they are aiming to please could care less about an unlock bootloader. Those that care have the nexus line. Motorola will make a nexus device. If its a phone it will have a removable battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747
    They may have an unlock tool. But remember motorola is looking to be the premier business phone taking the place of blackberry. So the people they are aiming to please could care less about an unlock bootloader. Those that care have the nexus line. Motorola will make a nexus device. If its a phone it will have a removable battery.

OK lol, so what are u saying lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Sorry let me clarify the motorola droid line for vzw is meant to be a phone for business and average users. The google nexus side of the company is fully open for development. If motorola makes a nexus it won't be a droid line product. In other words i expect motorola phones on vzw to remain locked unless it's a nexus. If motorola signed an agreement with vzw then they would be obligated to keep it locked down. Given the samsung galaxy nexus on vzw is unlocked and the gs3 isnt. Im betting motorola phones will remain locked except for the motorola nexus.

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    The HD has a 4.7 inch display it looks like... I may be wrong.. cool, but flex may be an issue.
    Just saw on engadget that is supposedly has a 4.5 inch display and 8 MP camera not 13 as was hoped for. Don't think it is a upgrade from the SG3 but time will tell. I gave up on the SG3 until I was able to upgrade the radio. Now it is just what I was looking for.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    Um Motos ain't locked because of Verizon, everyone of their phones is locked regardless of carrier. Now since they said in their blog that there is a policy change u can bet VZW ain't gonna be able to step in to much cause Moto is threatened to be sued because of it. Also motos are becoming more stock which seems to be Google's doing and the CEO of Moto stepped down and now its some guy that works for Google so don't thank Google ain't stepping in cause they most certainly are.

Unlocked boot loaders, almost stock android, Google guy is now CEO, sounds like Google is having their say. Gotta remember 2 Nexus phones are releasing this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    It's definitely a VZ thing. Verizon is the only network to receive a locked Galaxy S3, and Motorola is about to release the Photon to Sprint with an unlocked bootloader.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    This has sort of a pattern. Last year motorola rushed a phone out around this time that got a lot of hype and love but under the radar flew something else. Fast forward to a phone getting hype and will be a good phone but something else is flying under the radar. I wonder what motorola will do in November to celebrate the droidline that basically rebuilt the company. A company now owned by the company who motorola 's phone gave life to its software.
    Hmmmm.

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Well, as you allude to now that Google is backing Moto so to speak I'm hopeful that the Droid line will return to its former glory.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    The moto nexus could be the first moto with the Intel processor, and who knows what kind of display... Christmas time is coming, not soon enough... lol
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable View Post
    Well, as you allude to now that Google is backing Moto so to speak I'm hopeful that the Droid line will return to its former glory.
    So am i. The community want it. We want a droid line that rivals samsung. I want that one great motorola phone that motorola spend time and effort to innovate and make a yearly release (ie samsung galaxy series and iphone). Give us one great phone a year and support it for at least 2 years.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747

So am i. The community want it. We want a droid line that rivals samsung. I want that one great motorola phone that motorola spend time and effort to innovate and make a yearly release (ie samsung galaxy series and iphone). Give us one great phone a year and support it for at least 2 years.

I agree with you. I will say I love my S3 but if Motorola came out with a phone that would be a game changer like the S3 I would switch back to them in a heart beat

Links