DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 32 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    I understand that but I don't thank a lot of people know that the Bionic on ICS has made it feel like a whole new phone and when u compare it to the MAXX (opinions aside) they both do the same thing indetically. The MAXX is thinner but I can change my battery, when it comes to facts there's virtually no difference now. But regardless it comes down to opinion. Just for a older phone, first dual core LTE, its hanging n there.

As far as the atrix, for 50 bucks through best buy or amazon and it put down numbers compared to S3 or One X, that's impressive, I just hope the Razr HD ups it even a notch more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    Agreed
    electricman58 likes this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice View Post
    Dude, totally different!!! An "LED" TV is an LCD screen that uses an LED back-light (or many). The LCD TV is a LCD screen that uses a cold cathode back-light. The only difference is the back-light.

OrganicLED displays are completely different. There is no back-light. Each pixel produces its own light.
    And yes, an LED light takes less power than a Cold Cathode florecent light. That's why the "LED TV" takes less power than the "LCD TV". Uggg...I hate that naming. They are both LCD TV's.
    Actually, let's clarify...

LED (Light Emitting Diode) displays produce their own light by the physical pixels (each comprised of individual sub-pixels of Red, Blue & Green LEDs in a tiny array). The colors produced are a mix of the directly radiated light from those three individual sub-pixels (RGB). They need NO backlighting, neither LED nor Cold Cathode Fluorescent.

LCD (Liquid Crystal Display), is a back-lit display technology that uses a light-blocking technology where the individual crystals suspended in a fluid between two glass plates will spin or twist either parallel to the screen's surface or perpendicular to it, either resulting in the light being blocked from behind or allowed through. There are then three transparent layers of color mask placed either in between the LCD and the light source (either LED or Cold Cathode Fluorescent), or in front. The colors are created by mixing the light allowed through by the activated or deactivated crystals over each pixel and sub-pixel, to form the spectrum of colors.

OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays are simply a variation on the LED display mentioned above, but with some major improvement in several areas such as brighness, color saturation, resolution, speed of refresh, flexibility (newest technology), and power consumption (less).
    Last edited by FoxKat; 07-26-2012 at 08:26 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Im glad this thread picked up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    So it shall be interesting to see this device and try it...
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays are simply a variation on the LED display mentioned above, but with some major improvement in several areas such as brighness, color saturation, resolution, speed of refresh, flexibility (newest technology), and power consumption (less).
    Hmmm, LCD display's are TFT as well these days. Back in the day you either had passive matrix, dual-scan passive matirx, or active matrix (Thin Film Transistor). Today LCD and LED are both TFT/Active Matrix displays, right? I thought there was an LED backlight(s) behind the LED panel in an "LED TV" or most LCD phones for that matter. Some are back lit, some from the side. Is that totally wrong? I was pretty sure that the panel's in LED tv's don't have per-pixel lighting. I thought we were dealing with the same screen on both type of display.

So are you saying the OLED displays use less power than LED displays? I know that was an early claim but it seems that's usually not the case just based on devices I'm familiar with. The only time they use less power is when the display is mostly black or displaying dark colors maybe. That's what it seems. Do you have any numbers to compare them? I'm guessing that PenTile OLED displays come down close to the power consumption, or maybe a little better, than current LCD displays. That would explain why it seems like so many OLED displays are pentile now.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    So I know everyone is going where the hell is this thing at but has anyone put 2 and 2 together. Can anybody tell me what Moto phone came out on 11/11/11???

Now can anybody tell me when EOL is???
    9 months!!!!

Guess when 9 months is up???
    8/11/12

What's today's date???
    7/26/12

After the FC filing and the end of the RAZR to be coming up in just a few weeks. I thank were gonna see the HD sometime shortly after and the MAXX will get moved to a lower price. Moto won't have hardly any phones on VZW. The X2, Bionic and shortly RAZR will be gone which just leaves the MAXX and D4.

So that's my absumption, I know some of u already know this but some don't and to me I never thought about it till this morning, it just clicked.

Last edited by INCREMENTAL; 07-26-2012 at 07:45 AM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Does anyone know what Moto's ColorBoost display technology is? I'm guessing the Razr HD will have a ColorBoost display...and I think that's a good thing. People who see them seem to really like them. The new Sprint Moto Photon Q has one and so does the AT&T Moto Atrix HD. The only reference I could find as to what type of display it really is was on the Moto Specs page for the Atrix HD where it says:
    Display type
    HD ColorBoost™ (720 x 1280, 330 ppi) TFT LCD (Keep in mind the ppi given is for the 4.5" size of the Atrix HD)
    MOTOROLA ATRIX HD - 4G LTE Android Smartphone - SMARTACTIONS - KevlarŪ - ColorBoost

So I'm glad to know it's an LCD but I'm still curious, is ColorBoost SuperLCD, SuperLCD2, IPS, IPS NOVA, Super-IPS, Super-PLS, or what? Is it a PenTile display?
    Last edited by hotice; 07-26-2012 at 10:42 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice
    Does anyone know what ColorBoost is exactly? I'm guessing the Razr HD will have one...and I think that's a good thing. People who see them seem to really like them. The new Sprint Moto Photon Q has one and so does the AT&T Moto Atrix HD. The only reference I could find as to what type of display it really is was on the Moto Specs page for the Atrix HD where it says:
    Display type
    HD ColorBoost™ (720 x 1280, 330 ppi) TFT LCD (Keep in mind the dpi given is for the 4.5" size of the Atrix HD)
    MOTOROLA ATRIX HD - 4G LTE Android Smartphone - SMARTACTIONS - KevlarŪ - ColorBoost

So I'm glad to know it's an LCD but I'm still curious, is ColorBoost SuperLCD, SuperLCD2, IPS, IPS NOVA, or what? Is it a PenTile display?
    Color boost is like a engine to make the colors more bright and vivid and just pop. Thank of the bravia engine in Sony TVs and in their new phones. The reviewers all said the screen on the Atrix HD is awesome so we can expect nothing less.

hotice likes this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    So I know everyone is going where the hell is this thing at but has anyone put 2 and 2 together. Can anybody tell me what Moto phone came out on 11/11/11???

Now can anybody tell me when EOL is???
    9 months!!!!

Guess when 9 months is up???
    8/11/12

What's today's date???
    7/26/12

After the FC filing and the end of the RAZR to be coming up in just a few weeks. I thank were gonna see the HD sometime shortly after and the MAXX will get moved to a lower price. Moto won't have hardly any phones on VZW. The X2, Bionic and shortly RAZR will be gone which just leaves the MAXX and D4.

So that's my absumption, I know some of u already know this but some don't and to me I never thought about it till this morning, it just clicked.

What are the answers to these questions? I don't know what EOL is.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrande

What are the answers to these questions? I don't know what EOL is.

11/11/11 is when the RAZR came out, EOL is "End Of Life" which means the RAZR is going bye bye very soon which means the HD will be on its way shortly after.

Links