DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 21 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
    If this phone gets released later it will be a sort of bridge phone. Why not wait and get the phones right around the corner with the 320?
    I thought about that but really, the performance of the Adreno 225 is excellent and the S4 processor in general, due to the Cortex A15-like architecture, is just fast overall. Yeah, it sounds like the Adreno 320 will be up to four times faster but I'm guessing it will mostly be on 1080p phones like the new HTC on the way and they will need a faster GPU to get the same performance. Also, I'm thinking the 225 may use less power and more battery life (even with a 3300mAH battery) is always better. I've seen the performance of the S4 processor on the GSIII and if it's anywhere close to that on the Razr HD I think I'll be very happy! Also, it could be mostly in quad-core processors and again, for a phone right now I just don't see the quad-core as a benefit. I think it will hurt battery over the dual-core at least a little without a significant increase in performance for nearly all applications.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmecarter View Post
    This is what I have been trying to tell people. But as soon as I say it Motorola fans jump all over me. I like Motorola but they seem to be 3 to 6 months behind when it comes to specs. They just now got a phone that has a HD screen and they act like we should be impressed with it. They need to do something that will impress their customers again.
    That depends what you're looking for. Lots of people have been wanting better battery life on their smartphones for years. Motorola, with the Razr Maxx, was the first the really answer that cry well. Battery life may be even better when the HD comes out with the 28nm die size and the integrated LTE chipset. Moto has also started putting a nano coating over the electronics of their phones to protect them from water. I don't think anyone else has done this with non-industrial phones. Also, the value of 720p over qHD on a phone display is very questionable. Most of the time you probably wouldn't notice the difference but you will pay for it with battery life and performance at least to some degree.
    I'm glad that Moto is moving to 720p display and an S4 processor but I'm not really sure that I agree with you when you make it sounds like they're so far behind everyone else. In some ways, I think they're far ahead already.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice
    That depends what you're looking for. Lots of people have been wanting better battery life on their smartphones for years. Motorola, with the Razr Maxx, was the first the really answer that cry well. Battery life may be even better when the HD comes out with the 28nm die size and the integrated LTE chipset. Moto has also started putting a nano coating over the electronics of their phones to protect them from water. I don't think anyone else has done this with non-industrial phones. Also, the value of 720p over qHD on a phone display is very questionable. Most of the time you probably wouldn't notice the difference but you will pay for it with battery life and performance at least to some degree.
    I'm glad that Moto is moving to 720p display and an S4 processor but I'm not really sure that I agree with you when you make it sounds like they're so far behind everyone else. In some ways, I think they're far ahead already.
    OK you keep telling yourself that your Motorola phone is as good as my S3 because you can drop a few more drops of water on it than what I can on my S3. As far as the battery goes that is the only thing that Motorola has done that is good for a cell phone in the last year. The screen from my maxx is not even close to my nexus or my S3. If Motorola was not behind the other manufactures then why are all the Motorola fan boys still hoping for specs to be close to what is on Samsung phones and HTC phones. Think what you want but the fact still remands Motorola is behind when it comes to specs. And until they do catch up I will always hear that my phone can handle water better than yours. Or HD screens does not matter because it does not make that big of a difference. Or your phone is to big.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    My galaxy nexus running jellybean was as smooth and in some instances opening apps as fast if not faster then my gs3. So really the big thing is that it will get jb and jb does more performance wise. So the specs are more than enough for every day performance especially when it gets jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747
    My galaxy nexus running jellybean was as smooth and in some instances opening apps as fast if not faster then my gs3. So really the big thing is that it will get jb and jb does more performance wise. So the specs are more than enough for every day performance especially when it gets jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    If you would please run a benchmark test and most the results
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmecarter View Post
    OK you keep telling yourself that your Motorola phone is as good as my S3 because you can drop a few more drops of water on it than what I can on my S3. As far as the battery goes that is the only thing that Motorola has done that is good for a cell phone in the last year. The screen from my maxx is not even close to my nexus or my S3. If Motorola was not behind the other manufactures then why are all the Motorola fan boys still hoping for specs to be close to what is on Samsung phones and HTC phones. Think what you want but the fact still remands Motorola is behind when it comes to specs. And until they do catch up I will always hear that my phone can handle water better than yours. Or HD screens does not matter because it does not make that big of a difference. Or your phone is to big.
    When I played with the s3's and the maxx I thought the maxx had the better screen by far. The s3 didn't seem as bright and vibrant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrande

When I played with the s3's and the maxx I thought the maxx had the better screen by far. The s3 didn't seem as bright and vibrant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    To me its not even close the S3 wins hands down. Was the brightness on the S3 turned down
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Many beliefs of the obvious differences, when it comes down to it, its preference.

If i want battery, 4.3 inch screen, better reception, ill buy a maxx.

If i want a better/bigger screen, better hardware, and avg reception (which honestly doesn't matter to a majority of consumers) ill take the gs3.

Sadly i can no longer consider adding a line, as i refuse to pay Verizon 2xs as much when every freaking phone company works in akron/Cleveland/Youngstown ohio. I am considering a gs3 on contract free though. ;-)

Googorola MAXX
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I had both, S3 and Maxx. The phone reception is the same, and data reception is slightly better on the S3.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    That's not true in all cases. I checked out an s3 earlier today, the salesman had one in addition to the display model, they were both showing 3 bars of 4g.. in a very hot 4g area... I had 5bars of 4g.. who knows though.

Best is a subjective term that changes according to that persons own likes/dislikes and personal beliefs. That's all there is to it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!

Links