DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1869
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Even though all my WireFly info said I would be keeping my plan I did get bumped off unlimited to 2GB

On the bright side I guess I can do any tethering I want now. Man, I do love this phone and ICS!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice View Post
    Even though all my WireFly info said I would be keeping my plan I did get bumped off unlimited to 2GB

On the bright side I guess I can do any tethering I want now. Man, I do love this phone and ICS!
    Unfortunately it's been said many, many times that upgrading at the subsidized price will cause you to lose unlimited data.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    SumanjiWorld
    Phone
    Nexus S (i9020T)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet View Post
    does gasoline in your country make your cars go faster? lol
    Actually, I think the fuel we get in Europe is slightly higher RON than what you guys get... so potentially, yes it does
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I just came back from T-Mobile store where I had an extensive opportunity to play with the Note 2 and here are some impressions from someone who is (was) very close to pulling the trigger on a Razr HD Maxx. I was positively surprised at the size of the Note. My biggest fear was that I would find it too big. I'm a guy of average height with no more than medium sized hands and had no problems holding it although I have to mention that I tend to use both hands when typing or surfing on a phone. The size of the phone did not make it feel weird using when it to make calls either. I usually keep my phone in my shirt pocket and it easily fit there without looking too big at all. I also tried it in a front pocket of my pants and it didn't feel any more noticeable there than my current Droid. I'm very surprised to say that for me size is now a non issue for me.

The screen absolutely blew me away. I cannot recall ever seeing a screen on any phone that was as impressive to look at from the standpoint of clarity, brightness and colors. I like the screen on the Razr HD Maxx but with one reservation, that being that when looking at text with a white background, even at maximum brightness, the white is not true white - it is even less bright white than on an older Droid. That is not the case on the Note 2. The screen is fantastic. I also tried typing on it and found the larger screen definitely made it easier to type and improved the accuracy of my typing. Web pages I viewed on the Note were much more pleasant to view. I also found the stylus easy to use and definitely useful although it might take the rest of my life to learn how to use all of the functions of this phone.

I'm very happy with Moto and have had a series of Droids all of which had great radios and zero problems. I was definitely planning to buy the Razr HD Maxx until seeing the Note 2. For me it now boils down to whether or not the Note will have an unlocked GSM radio like the Razrs do. I often travel abroad and need the ability to pull out the Verizon sim when out of the country and pop in a local sim card. If I can do that on the Note 2 I'm definitely buying it. If I can't I'll be buying the Razr.

One final observation. I have found the Motos to be very solidly built and every one I have had has survived a few accidental drops with no problem whatsoever. As a result I have never paid for insurance on one and will not if I end up buying the Razr HD Maxx. After seeing the Note 2, I would not buy that one without insurance. It does not seems as solid and that huge glass screen scares me into protecting it with insurance if I buy one.
    geoff5093 and TeeX like this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    The original Note felt too big for me, but it's hard to simulate the way I use it in everyday situations. I do a lot of stuff with one hand though and I think the Note 2 wouldn't suit all of my needs. I am curious about the upcoming HTC Incredible X, or whatever, with the 5 inch screen. That way it'll be large enough but be a little smaller than the Note 2.

But even then, I'd rather go with the Razr HD and save my other exploits for a full on tablet.
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Still holding out until the HTC DLX? Drops.
  7. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumanji View Post
    Actually, I think the fuel we get in Europe is slightly higher RON than what you guys get... so potentially, yes it does
    those 1.4 liter engines must zoom.... my car is only 6.2L lololol

HTC DIX is a good name

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  8. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet

those 1.4 liter engines must zoom.... my car is only 6.2L lololol

HTC DIX is a good name

They rate their gas on a different scale but I believe it has more btu's than ours. 6.2 lol I have 8.0. Neeneer neeneer.
  9. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    They rate their gas on a different scale but I believe it has more btu's than ours. 6.2 lol I have 8.0. Neeneer neeneer.
    most 8.0's aren't faster than 1.4's lol

NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  10. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet

most 8.0's aren't faster than 1.4's lol

Point them suckers up hill with a 35 foot boat behind it.

Links