DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 18 of 187 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenDragon View Post
    BSI, I believe so. If you mean it brightens the image in low light without using the flash, then yes and does a rather good job. I'll have to get back to you on the RAM and XC slot.
    Correct, from what I understand, Back Side Illumination brightens the sensor from behind just enough to excite the sensor pixels so the additional light coming in from the front is detected rather than interpreted as noise like is typical of low light photography with digital sensors. Since the additional light will have some color information, even though the BSI is white light, the camera knows both the wavelength and intensity of the BSI, so it can filter it out in the image and yet use the relative intensity as a basis for the color's own brightness. The result is the photo looks normal but brighter even though taken in low light. Quite amazing what digital technology does with light. It takes the light, turns it into numbers, then performs math on it and obtains results that are desired, then converts it back to the desired light and color representation for the photo, something that traditional film photography could never do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid XT894(Droid 4)
    Back is fully kevlar except for a small spot around the camera.
    The 'hump' is extremely small. Barely noticeable.

I'll take a pic of the same spot in normal light and then in low light and see how it handles the low light. Battery is dead and charging right now though. Will check and post the pics I took with it tomorrow.
    Last edited by TheHiddenDragon; 07-15-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: additional post while I was posting :P
    coderror likes this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    You say the battery life is good. Can it get through a full day of hard use? How is "motoblur" on it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1678 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    If it is basically a razr maxx with a larger screen and more efficient processors it should go hard for a day to a day and a half at least.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Desire & LG Optimus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    If it is basically a razr maxx with a larger screen and more efficient processors it should go hard for a day to a day and a half at least.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Tapatalk 2
    How much more efficient is the s4 compared to the maxx's are there benchmarks somewhere?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    If the RAZR HD is better then the Atrix HD all around then hopefully we see slightly higher scores that will be on par with SIII and One X. Here's what the Atrix did.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-ATRIX-HD-benchmark-tests_id32208#1-<span>Quadrant</span>

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I have no problem with the hump.

If it is a 3300mAH battery it will have great battery life. The Maxx uses an OMAP processor made with a 45nm die process. The Snapdragon S4 in the Maxx is made with a 28nm die process. The battery in the Razr hd should make it last 50% longer than the Galaxy S3 does and from what I'm hearing from a few friends who have the GS3 and 4G coverage they're getting great battery life - 50% battery left after a day of normal usage!

I'm really expecting MicroSDXC and MicroHDMI. I sure hope it has those. I don't really care if it has 16GB of storage built-in as opposed to 32GB.

My biggest question now is, does it have 2GB of RAM? I really hope Moto did this right! If so, I'll have no problem with the Adreno 225. If not, I'll probably wait for something with an Adreno 320.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Oh yeah, I love the Kevlar and am extremely glad they didn't make the decision of using some metal that interferes with wireless signals.
    Last edited by hotice; 07-16-2012 at 01:32 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Where is this phone already!?

They wouldn't be waiting for the iphone 5 would they?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1678 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    No more likely waiting for fall line up. Its a droid line and more likely gonna have some type of NFL promotion so they can push their NFL mobile app and have air spots for device during games. I expecting this to be a big release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Links