DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 170 of 187 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1869
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747

thanks for the correction because i was not sure.
    Well, not 100% sure because all I know for certain is that the Razr and Razr Maxx can use international sims...and that the Razr M has the same global radios so I assume that the new Razr's should also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumanji

Cool thanks

I guess I just need to find out if it will work on our GSM LTE networks... do I have to be the guinea pig?! Haha
    You may have to be the guinea pig, lol! The thread I posted includes many people's experiences using the Razr with various foreign sims. It may help answer more questions.

Not sure if this will help, but here are screen shots showing the various networks...

Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.-forumrunner_20121018_204320.png

Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.-forumrunner_20121018_204333.png
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice View Post
    I almost ordered but it took too long on the phone and I'm at work. I had an emergency at work and had to hang up. They do free shipping but I would loose my unlimited data (half expected, most seem to be getting around this)
    How are most people getting around this other than paying full price?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2

Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchopper View Post
    How are most people getting around this other than paying full price?
    That's it they closed the loophole is what I've heard

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by drew96dawg View Post
    That's it they closed the loophole is what I've heard

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    its still possible, I upgraded my girlfriends account to a iPhone last month then her mother called verizon and threatened to cancel her account if they didn't put it back on (she has 7 lines total)

so its def still possible, whether you have the leverage like she did with 7 lines is another question
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    @cmcniece
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001400ex View Post
    Anyone had luck threatening to leave Verizon and being able to keep unlimited data?
    When I was talking to the rep earlier this week, she told me that you have 14 days after changing your plan to revert back to your previous plan. It automatically changed my wife's from unlimited data to the 2GB package as it automatically is supposed to. She said to call *611 and tell them you want to go back to your old plan and they'll let you. She said she had a customer tell her they were successful in doing that. Tried calling customer service and asking, one said yes you could, the other said. We'll find out when I get my new phone and try it for both of our lines.
    Last edited by AuD14; 10-18-2012 at 07:29 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxhd View Post
    FWIW i did try that a few weeks ago before I got suckered into paying full price for the S3. They couldn't care less..customer service is not their concern and it was pretty obvious. They know they're top dog and don't have to bend at all to keep someone a customer...they'd have let me walk without the slightest concern. Corporate policy is corporate policy - some kid working at a VZ store can't do anything about it.
    I wasn't expecting to roll through the store, they can't do anything. I was thinking over the phone and hitting the retention department, along with upgading phones on 3 lines at once might convince them. Was hoping others tried that route.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    VZW GALAXY NEXUS
    I have in my possession a MAXX HD-Verizon Obviously, SGS3-Verizon and a N7100 International NOTE 2-On mvno at&t and have been comparing them in every aspect through out the day.

Here are my thoughts:

Build quality: RAZR MAXX HD (nothing I repeat nothing has a better overall build than this baby. Nothing)

Radio "Reception": RAZR MAXX HD (as always motor rules the airwaves with the radios even does 3g and voice simultaneously)

Screen quality "Resolution": RAZR MAXX HD (was almost a tie with the sgs3 but the blacks and colors just popped on the RAZR)

OS: Note 2 (Only reason is because its running Jelly Bean with project butter and it shows, I prefer Motos close to vanilla Blur over touchwiz any day but the way touchwiz with JB works on the Note 2 is pretty intuitive. Not so much on the sgs3 but then again the MAXX and the sgs3 are due any day now for JB updates, and when the MAXX HD gets its JB update then whoo hoo, this phone will be a hard one to beat even in the 2013 smartphone market.

Camera: Honestly... jury's out. (I'm still putting the RAZR MAXX HD through its paces and I think there is more to this camera than meets the eye. No doubt the sgs3 is a clear winner in the camera department I want to spend some more time with the camera on this phone)

Keyboard: RAZR MAXX HD (as well all know the sgs3 keyboard is horrible but the Note 2 was a close runner up with their iteration of the Jelly Bean touchwiz masked keyboard, Moto's ics keyboard just worked, I am writing this comparison with the RAZR for a reason)

Overall Speed: TIE- RAZR MAXX HD and Note 2. (The RAZR MAXX HD screams and so does the Note 2 but the difference will be in to what the carrier does to the Note 2. If Verizon leaves the Note 2 alone in the processor and bloat ware department then the Note 2 will be a formidable phone but if Verizon goes the sgs3 route then forget it)

End notes. With all the smartphone technology coming to a head we have many choices. The android race has taken a very long step into another dimension of speed and smoothness that has not been achievable in the past. Android has now become a world class smartphone operating system. The next frontier is the android skinned operating system. Do you want a customized os experience or a true android os experience. I think that Moto and Samsung are going to be the two major android players at this game and it shows, the only issue I have with touchwiz is too many gimmicky confusing options. Android has enough options as it is, there is going to be a point where less is more case in Point Apples iOS.

These are my opinions with having all three of these devices on hand and running them side by side.

So what are your thoughts? Anything to add? Any questions? Shoot away.
    TisMyDroid and geoff5093 like this.
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You seem to be familiar with a bunch of phones. Do you have any scoop on the HTD DLX?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    VZW GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001400ex
    You seem to be familiar with a bunch of phones. Do you have any scoop on the HTD DLX?
    I have no info on the HTC 5 or DLX or whatever they are going to call it as I am not a big fan of HTC. The One X was a very nice well built phone with a killer screen but horrid battery life.

Of course if I find any info on it I will post immediately.

Enjoy your evening!
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz
    I have in my possession a MAXX HD-Verizon Obviously, SGS3-Verizon and a N7100 International NOTE 2-On mvno at&t and have been comparing them in every aspect through out the day.

Here are my thoughts:

Build quality: RAZR MAXX HD (nothing I repeat nothing has a better overall build than this baby. Nothing)

Radio "Reception": RAZR MAXX HD (as always motor rules the airwaves with the radios even does 3g and voice simultaneously)

Screen quality "Resolution": RAZR MAXX HD (was almost a tie with the sgs3 but the blacks and colors just popped on the RAZR)

OS: Note 2 (Only reason is because its running Jelly Bean with project butter and it shows, I prefer Motos close to vanilla Blur over touchwiz any day but the way touchwiz with JB works on the Note 2 is pretty intuitive. Not so much on the sgs3 but then again the MAXX and the sgs3 are due any day now for JB updates, and when the MAXX HD gets its JB update then whoo hoo, this phone will be a hard one to beat even in the 2013 smartphone market.

Camera: Honestly... jury's out. (I'm still putting the RAZR MAXX HD through its paces and I think there is more to this camera than meets the eye. No doubt the sgs3 is a clear winner in the camera department I want to spend some more time with the camera on this phone)

Keyboard: RAZR MAXX HD (as well all know the sgs3 keyboard is horrible but the Note 2 was a close runner up with their iteration of the Jelly Bean touchwiz masked keyboard, Moto's ics keyboard just worked, I am writing this comparison with the RAZR for a reason)

Overall Speed: TIE- RAZR MAXX HD and Note 2. (The RAZR MAXX HD screams and so does the Note 2 but the difference will be in to what the carrier does to the Note 2. If Verizon leaves the Note 2 alone in the processor and bloat ware department then the Note 2 will be a formidable phone but if Verizon goes the sgs3 route then forget it)

End notes. With all the smartphone technology coming to a head we have many choices. The android race has taken a very long step into another dimension of speed and smoothness that has not been achievable in the past. Android has now become a world class smartphone operating system. The next frontier is the android skinned operating system. Do you want a customized os experience or a true android os experience. I think that Moto and Samsung are going to be the two major android players at this game and it shows, the only issue I have with touchwiz is too many gimmicky confusing options. Android has enough options as it is, there is going to be a point where less is more case in Point Apples iOS.

These are my opinions with having all three of these devices on hand and running them side by side.

So what are your thoughts? Anything to add? Any questions? Shoot away.
    Thanks for ur review and imput, u seem to have the HD in favor the most. As a phone i can see it winning but taking it to a whole new level I thank the N2 wins hands down with all the different things it can do. So my question to you is, which one do u prefer? And also when u compare OS, u have the N2 as the winner but go on to say things might change when the HD gets JB. So i guess what im lost on is how could it even compare to the in depth things the N2 can do, like multi window function, all the stylus options and so on, to be able to compare the HD must be beasting. Just wondering is all, im a huge Moto fan but the Note 2 just seems like the better choice so not cutting Moto down at all. Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Links