DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Brand new Motorola Razr M - shut itself off and will not turn back on.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razrm
    bought a new Razr M last week. Since then, it has shut itself off 3 times. and was a PIA to restart. Thinkin bout bringing it back and getting a G-S IV
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by svl66 View Post
    bought a new Razr M last week. Since then, it has shut itself off 3 times. and was a PIA to restart. Thinkin bout bringing it back and getting a G-S IV
    you should defiantly return it for at least an exchange before its too late. i wouldn't put up with that.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    So it seems like this is a pretty common issue with the M.
    Have either Motorola or Verizon acknowledged the problem or determined what is causing it?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4G LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
    Have either Motorola or Verizon acknowledged the problem or determined what is causing it?

No answer...they need to get on this asap......correct it with an update....
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cs3 View Post
    Seriously, I have never had this problem. I even had a ROM I was testing suck my battery down to 2% before I realized it and had no problems getting going again. I think it's just a case of the Law of Averages catching up with you. I wouldn't be afraid to trade it in for another if I were you.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4G LTE
    I dont think its a law of averages. .its real common problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr M

my motorola Razr M turns off

Go to settings, developer options, stay awake, this keeps the screen illuminated during charging but also works for stopping the phone from turning off randomly.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    XT907

Motorola RAZM XT907 Shut ifself off & will not turn back on

Quote Originally Posted by lowvolt View Post
    Hold down power and volume up and volume down until the screen flashes. Could take up to about 60 seconds.then if it doesn't power up automatically press power button.
    Thanks a bunch, I've tried what you suggested and it works.

VRSCF09 Memphis, TN
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR

Motorola RAZR Will Not Charge Or Power On

I have a Motorola Razr D1 I think it is. I've had it for less than a month. Yesterday it started running very hot and I noticed that the battery was draining quickly. The phone shut itself off just before I reached my office. I immediately plugged it in and I know the charger made contact because the three buttom buttons lit immediately. It will not charge, however, nor will it power on. I took the battery out and took it home and then plugged it into my wall outlet and left it overnight. The phone does not seem to have charged, the charge icon does not go on, nor does the phone power on.

I've tried holding the power button and the volume up button but it does not reset. I've also tried the power button and the volume down. I can only assume that the phone is broken and I'm taking it in for service today.

Edit: The tech got it charged but it's still draining power very fast - lost 10 percent of battery charge in 30 minutes without any use at all. It claims the biggest drain of the battery is the screen. I'm using the battery save mode that came with the phone that's supposed to automatically adjust screen brightness to save battery power.
    Last edited by Peru_Serv; 02-07-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Droid RAZR When Screen Blanks Out After Call, Screen Won't Come Back Without Reboot

Droid Razr has been giving me fits off and on for months. Simply put, when screen shuts off, the whole phone dies, only thing that is lite up is green lite or bottom functions, no screen. When someone calls, it rings, and if I hit the right spots to unlock blank screen, I can answer phone, but no screen lites up. I've done the reset to factory settings, cleared out all data, hit the power on and volume down buttoms a hundred times to get screen to lite again, but it still shuts off when screen goes off.

I keep phone plugged into computer most of the time, so it is always fully charged, so it is not battery issue as far as I can tell. When not plugged in, battery holds charge, but again, once screen shuts off, so does screen. Because I am always plugged into computer, it is always charging, so I set the function where screen stays on while charging under advanced options. It works fine, but the minute I am away from computer with phone, it goes back to dead mode when screen shuts off.

I have tried everything I know with no luck, but again, it is freaky, it will come and go, so not what you would expect with most problems, so with contract not up for a few more months, anyone know anything else to do to solve this mystery. Phone is hardly used, still has protective coating on back as I use other phones when I am out due to this issue for months now.

Thanks,
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links