DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking Moto Razr M for International Carriers in India

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Razr M

Red face Unlocking Moto Razr M for International Carriers in India

Hi Guys,

I bought a Moto Razr Phone with Verizon contract. I'm travelling to India. I heard that I cant use the phone with other carriers in India(GSM operators Airtel, Aircel, etc).
    But the spec says that my phone supports both GSM and CDMA.

I am newbie and I dont know what to do with the phone. It would be helpful if someone could help me able to use my phone with Indian carriers.

I recently read about the CM10 for RAZR(CM10 UNOFFICIAL (BETA) for Droid Razr M (XT907) - Consumer and Developer Edition).
    I would be happy to know whether rooting my device and installing CM10 on it will help me use the phone in India.

Thanks in Advance

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    RazrM
    I'm assuming here by "Moto RAZR" you mean the RAZR M since you posted here. Unfortunately there are a few Motorola RAZR phones. And they also used RAZR MAXX and RAZR M for names. They are different phones.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid razr

Re: Unlocking Moto Razr M for International Carriers in India

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwulff View Post
    I'm assuming here by "Moto RAZR" you mean the RAZR M since you posted here. Unfortunately there are a few Motorola RAZR phones. And they also used RAZR MAXX and RAZR M for names. They are different phones.
    Clearly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid razr

Re: Unlocking Moto Razr M for International Carriers in India

Quote Originally Posted by dineshcs007 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I bought a Moto Razr Phone with Verizon contract. I'm travelling to India. I heard that I cant use the phone with other carriers in India(GSM operators Airtel, Aircel, etc).
    But the spec says that my phone supports both GSM and CDMA.

I am newbie and I dont know what to do with the phone. It would be helpful if someone could help me able to use my phone with Indian carriers.

I recently read about the CM10 for RAZR(CM10 UNOFFICIAL (BETA) for Droid Razr M (XT907) - Consumer and Developer Edition).
    I would be happy to know whether rooting my device and installing CM10 on it will help me use the phone in India.

Thanks in Advance
    Your phone is unlocked for international usage. If on ICS or JB, you can use GSM in another country if you buy a micro sim there. If you want to use in us I suggest JB and radiocomm I'm running my razr on straight talk gsm with jb ota leak

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Razr M
    Sorry for the confusion. It is Droid Razr M
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4sh3r View Post
    Your phone is unlocked for international usage. If on ICS or JB, you can use GSM in another country if you buy a micro sim there. If you want to use in us I suggest JB and radiocomm I'm running my razr on straight talk gsm with jb ota leak

Thanks for helping out

In one of the FAQs it says

Q: Can I use my Motorola RAZR M with a carrier other than Verizon?
    No, the Droid RAZR M will only function on the Verizon CDMA/LTE network. The Razr M can be used globally but only if you
    are on the VZW network. It has global capability for roaming outside the US which you need a VZW SIM card to roam.

Which means, I can't use it without a Verizon sim even outside US. I want to use Indian sim with it.

Can you please suggest me good way to unlock the carrier from Verizon (Inside US or Outside US both are fine).
    Thanks in Advance.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907

Question Hi - did u finally manage to use your phone in India? How?

appreciate if u can share the details if u have managed to use it. i have the same phone & want to use it in India.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M

It works

Quote Originally Posted by kss7 View Post
    appreciate if u can share the details if u have managed to use it. i have the same phone & want to use it in India.
    Hi guys, I also own a Motorola Droid Razr M, running JB.
    I bought it while I was in US, but now I'm in Brazil, and the phone works fine. No unlocking process is needed, just the micro SIM card from the foreign carrier.
    My 3g/4g is not working but I guess is because of my carrier's fault, besides that is all right. The only thing is when you put the new SIM card and turn on your phone, there's a system message like "SIM card from unknown source", but then you tap OK, and that's it, signal and everything. I'm affraid to say that it will work great for you guys, but in my opinion that shouldnt be a headache anymore.
    BTW, I also rooted mine, and im trying to find a way to delete this booting message about the SIM card, if I get anything I'll post it.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hi Lucas, i'm moving to brazil and thinking about buying a razr m at ebay.. will it work with Claro? Have you managed to solve the 3g/4g problem??Thanks a lot!!
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR M

Really?

It states CLEARLY in the TITLE and the text of message that its about ..RAZR M, you ..pompous ****!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links