DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using music for ringtones on Razr M

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr m

Using music for ringtones on Razr M

Hello,

New Razr M owner here, having replaced my Droid 2 Global yesterday. Overall happy, but...I've not been able to use my music for ringtones, as I had with the Droid 2 Global.
    I'd prefer not to download an app; does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks!
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Just a guess here as I don't have an M.. can you long hold a songs name and set it? What do you see when you go into the ringtone selections?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr m

the Droid 2 worked that way

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Just a guess here as I don't have an M.. can you long hold a songs name and set it? What do you see when you go into the ringtone selections?
    ...but no, this one doesn't...the ringtone selections only shows the ones preset to the phone. there's no option to browse the phone.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    And when you select "Select a ringtone" music doesn't show up? Like I said, I don't have an M and you prob tried this, just trying to help.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr m
    that is correct.
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Ok this is what I found so far but think you tried it:

How to set downloaded song as text message ringtone on droid - Save song from text message on droid pro?. I have a droid pro and I was wondering how to save a song a text message? :: Ask Me Fast

For some reason wouldn't let me c&p it...

When you go to the ringtone setting option it will show you a list of all the songs from your phone memory and SD card memory. Just move to the song you want to set as ringtone and your message ringtone will change. Remember that your phone should have an SD card and if the song you are willing to set as ringtone is on the phone memory then even you can set that ringtone. Roger Waterson

Read more: How to set downloaded song as text message ringtone on droid - Save song from text message on droid pro?. I have a droid pro and I was wondering how to save a song a text message? :: Ask Me Fast at How to set downloaded song as text message ringtone on droid - Save song from text message on droid pro?. I have a droid pro and I was wondering how to save a song a text message? :: Ask Me Fast

When you go to the ringtone setting option it will show you a list of all the songs from your phone memory and SD card memory. Just move to the song you want to set as ringtone and your message ringtone will change. Remember that your phone should have an SD card and if the song you are willing to set as ringtone is on the phone memory then even you can set that ringtone. Roger Waterson

Read more: How to set downloaded song as text message ringtone on droid - Save song from text message on droid pro?. I have a droid pro and I was wondering how to save a song a text message? :: Ask Me Fast at How to set downloaded song as text message ringtone on droid - Save song from text message on droid pro?. I have a droid pro and I was wondering how to save a song a text message? :: Ask Me Fast

When you go to the ringtone setting option it will show you a list of all the songs from your phone memory and SD card memory. Just move to the song you want to set as ringtone and your message ringtone will change. Remember that your phone should have an SD card and if the song you are willing to set as ringtone is on the phone memory then even you can set that ringtone.

When you go to the ringtone setting option it will show you a list of all the songs from your phone memory and SD card memory. Just move to the song you want to set as ringtone and your message ringtone will change. Remember that your phone should have an SD card and if the song you are willing to set as ringtone is on the phone memory then even you can set that ringtone.

7. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Here's a easy method:

Make a folder on your sdcard named "media" (all lowercase letters)

Inside that folder, make another folder named "audio" (all lowercase)

Now make the following folders inside the "audio" folder:
    alarms
    notifications
    ringtones

Now put whatever audio files you want, into the corresponding folders. Reboot. When you boot up, your phone will read the sdcard and will associate the folders you just made, with the system folders of the same names. Then your songs and whatnot will show up in your menus. Hope that helped.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr m

kind of a naive question

but, would I make that folder on the phone itself, or connected to my laptop via Windows?
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcarco View Post
    but, would I make that folder on the phone itself, or connected to my laptop via Windows?
    Doesn't matter really. As long as you name the folders right and make sure they're all lowercase.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links