Posted this in a Razr Forum thread reply few days ago to help someone out, thought some of our Razr M users might benefit.
Save Photos to SD-Card vs. Internal Memory:
I am running Razr M on JB, but possibly a couple things you might want to try on your device (to get photos saving to SD-card).
1) Settings Menu (running camera - set to Save to SD-card instead of Internal Memory, may need to scroll down menu to see this option).
If already set to save-to-SD, and still saving to Internal Memeory, possibly one of two solutions may apply:
2) Remount SD-card (remove and re-install - when card is idle, nothing being read/written).
3) Reboot Device (sometimes this can clear things up).
On a number of the Droid phones there is an un-mount function (much like Win-7, etc. where you eject or dismount an external USB drive) that Moto provisioned for users to select prior to removing SD-card from device. This effectively shuts off the cards processing and/or does not give a user display indicating ok for safe-removal until the SD-card is idle. Pulling a memory device while the device is read/writing can cause a number of issues including corupted data and also a situation where the device will no longer acknowledge the SD-card is plugged in. Usually re-mounting the card will re-establish the SD-card with the device (will not however fix corrupted data). I am guessing that at some point your phone may have lost it's association with the SD-card.
Update: Transfer from Internal-Memory to SD-Card (Photos, Vid's, Files, etc.)
Once you get the phone configured to save photos (as they are captured) to the SD-Card, then you could "move" pre-existing photos from phones internal-memory to the SD-Card (if your goal is to have all your photos - previous ones stored to internal-memory included - on your SD-Card).
1) Use the File Manager to find the photos (or any files for that matter) stored on internal memory,
2) highlight/select them (individual files or folders containing many files),
3) select the "move" icon, navigate to where you want the stuff transferred, then
4) "paste" to that location (this will cut/paste vs. copy/paste).
Hope this may be of some helps to fellow forum members ...