DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notification Light (LED) Color

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Re: Notification Light (LED) Color

For some reason, when you test settings of leds within lightflo, they do not show anything other than green. However, as you noted, the colors do work when messages/notifications received.

Led colors will only work to what phone is capable of. Lime hasn't worked on any of my Android RAZR phones (OG Droid/Droid 2/RAZR Maxx). I get yellow, orange, green, cyan, blue, red, magenta and white.

I use LightFlo Pro. I mainly wanted it because with my custom ROM, it allows led lights to be seen with screen ON. Needed for docking and full screen. (I have threads in a few forums explaining this, so please don't flame me here as well...)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sherri; 11-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by Spey View Post
    Contents of this post specific to Light Flow app (not Motorola LED control:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...flowlite&hl=en

Update:

* Email, Social Networking, Txt Msg, Low Battery, etc. are functional as illustrated in OP#1 running Facoty Settings.
    Not understanding this statement. I use both Twitter and Facebook. I have them both set to use blue led on light flow, and they work fine. Text messages I set to magenta, also working. Do not know if it is only in the "pay" version, but you can "add apps" to blink their colors (again, within the limitations of the led itself...). I added Words With Friends to notify me of moves in yellow, and it works....Text just came in as I am typing this, magenta light is alternating with orange light (unread email....)....

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    Not understanding this statement. I use both Twitter and Facebook. I have them both set to use blue led on light flow, and they work fine. Text messages I set to magenta, also working. Do not know if it is only in the "pay" version, but you can "add apps" to blink their colors (again, within the limitations of the led itself...). I added Words With Friends to notify me of moves in yellow, and it works....Text just came in as I am typing this, magenta light is alternating with orange light (unread email....)....

sherri,
    First let me thank you for reading entire post, and second for detailed replies!

RE: Statement update to help make a bit more clear (from my earlier post - edited)
    Tools/Enable LEDs Test (still not working)
    * Two references below relate to Factory Razr M LED Notifications
    * It appears to me that the Factory Razr M LED Notifications provide more usability than Light Flow Lite in that
    * Email, Social Networking, Txt Msg, Low Battery, etc. are functional as illustrated in OP#1 running Factory Settings.

If I understand you correctly, you have the
    Paid Version of this app &
    - are you running on Razr M w/ OTA JB 4.1.1 (if not please confirm device info) ?
    - on your device LED's performance = [Lime does not work] & [Working Include Yellow, Orange, Green, Cyan, Blue, Red, Magenta & White]
    - Tools/All enabled LEDs Test does not fully function testing all colors (only Green - last night my Razr M did this for first time, and continues same Test Result today)

I had previously browsed over the "add apps" portion of the software, mistakenly assuming this was to "add apps" to the device (like developer advertising for their apps). Thank you for bringing this to my attention, that this is for adding apps to the Notification Menu within Light Flow. I made a bad 1st hand assumption developer was pushing apps, my bad.

It seems that I get sporadic LED notifications (do not follow the settings I've established) & LED sequences (but only right after power screen on).
    Example-1: I send my self test msg's (email then txt) & one color LED will light, immediately after I press the Power Button, to turn device screen on, I get a quick one run on multiple LED colors, then back to only one LED Notification Color.
    Example-2: I just got txt/SMS and Magenta LED starts flashing (as I have L.F.L. Enabled SMS - Select_duration/Do_not_automatically_switch_off & Method_to_clear_notification/App_entered & Flash_speed/Fast set ).

At this point it sounds as if I've got some wacko things going on. Hopefully I can get confirmation that others are using this app (on Razr M OTA JB), paid and/or Lite version successfully (possible bug: Tools/Enable LEDs Test - not working). I am going to try a remove/reinstall to see if this may clean up some of my performance related issues.

Appreciate any comments / constructive critisims
    Last edited by Spey; 11-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M
    RE: Light Flow

Anybody know how running this program effects battery life?
    Been running Light Flow Lite for about 2-days now testing various settings, etc. and I seem to have had a noticeable increase in battery consumption. Wondering if coincidental or related?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

sherri,
    First let me thank you for reading entire post, and second for detailed replies!

RE: Statement update to help make a bit more clear (from my earlier post - edited)
    Tools/Enable LEDs Test (still not working)
    * Two references below relate to Factory Razr M LED Notifications
    * It appears to me that the Factory Razr M LED Notifications provide more usability than Light Flow Lite in that
    * Email, Social Networking, Txt Msg, Low Battery, etc. are functional as illustrated in OP#1 running Factory Settings.

If I understand you correctly, you have the
    Paid Version of this app &
    - are you running on Razr M w/ OTA JB 4.1.1 (if not please confirm device info) ?
    - on your device LED's performance = [Lime does not work] & [Working Include Yellow, Orange, Green, Cyan, Blue, Red, Magenta & White]
    - Tools/All enabled LEDs Test does not fully function testing all colors (only Green - last night my Razr M did this for first time, and continues same Test Result today)

I had previously browsed over the "add apps" portion of the software, mistakenly assuming this was to "add apps" to the device (like developer advertising for their apps). Thank you for bringing this to my attention, that this is for adding apps to the Notification Menu within Light Flow. I made a bad 1st hand assumption developer was pushing apps, my bad.

It seems that I get sporadic LED notifications (do not follow the settings I've established) & LED sequences (but only right after power screen on).
    Example-1: I send my self test msg's (email then txt) & one color LED will light, immediately after I press the Power Button, to turn device screen on, I get a quick one run on multiple LED colors, then back to only one LED Notification Color.
    Example-2: I just got txt/SMS and Magenta LED starts flashing (as I have L.F.L. Enabled SMS - Select_duration/Do_not_automatically_switch_off & Method_to_clear_notification/App_entered & Flash_speed/Fast set ).

At this point it sounds as if I've got some wacko things going on. Hopefully I can get confirmation that others are using this app (on Razr M OTA JB), paid and/or Lite version successfully (possible bug: Tools/Enable LEDs Test - not working). I am going to try a remove/reinstall to see if this may clean up some of my performance related issues.

Appreciate any comments / constructive critisims
    OK. Hope some of this helps. I have run Light Flow (paid) on both my OG Droid And my current phone, which is a Droid RAZR Maxx.

The RAZR Maxx is rooted, and running a custom ROM. Full Throttle Killer Bean JB 4.1.2......

I use a custom ROM because it is the only way I can have led blink with screen ON. This being said....the "test" settings in light flow do not work correctly. My phone gets green/yellow/orange/red/blue/cyan/magenta and white. When I use the light flow app to test, only green shows. Remember, blinking with screen on is a function of ROM (only reason I rooted...)If ROM doesn't allow it, screen must be off to see colors.

So....in the light flow app, I set up the apps and their colors. Called myself from home phone. Screen started blinking (while I was browsing internet) red, telling me of missed calls. Used daughters phone to send SMS. Now alternated red and magenta. Logged in to PC. Sent an email to my optonline account. Added orange led. Sent to gmail, added green. Lights work as I intended. Gmail can be "off" due to customization within the gmail app.

The "tools/test settings" you see arent bugs....Just don't work! If your phone is stock, you may only see led lights with screen off. (Idiotic move on Googles part...) Send yourself an email, turn screen off, and see what happens....

Developer is very helpful, so you can ask for his advice.

RE: Light Flow

Anybody know how running this program effects battery life?
    Been running Light Flow Lite for about 2-days now testing various settings, etc. and I seem to have had a noticeable increase in battery consumption. Wondering if coincidental or related?
    Using lightflow since June. Battery is not effected at all.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mrcraigcohen
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    I haven't had success with the paid version. Most of the time my notification light didn't work at all. I ended up uninstalling.

The developer was quick to get back to me and suggested I do a factory reset which was more of a hassle than I was willing to go through to get a working app.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M
    Greatly appreciate others experiences with this app (some who have got it working satisfactorily, and others not). My goal is not to bash the app, just to figure out if I have a device related issue, bugs in the software, or user related issues. Obviously, I have found some device related issues (like Lime color does not display correctly, possibly others too ...).

Sherri, appreciate your detailed responses. I would consider this a bug "The "tools/test settings" you see aren't bugs....Just don't work!". When a portion of your software does not work as it was designed, I consider this to be a bug. It has been reported back to me by the Developer that this feature does not work on some devices and they are working on it. I mean no disrespect here, and probably just showing my ignorance related to proper terminology and nomenclature related to app development.

STATUS - App is still not working correctly.

I uninstalled Light Flow Light, restarted the device, re-installed Light Flow Light the other day (as referenced in earlier post) in attempt to reset the device & the app to getting working correctly (my thought, maybe I made some bad selection on first install and after becoming more familiar with the app - including developer feedback - that a re-install might solve my issues). Spent a little time going through all the settings to get stuff setup based on what i'd previously learned (no Lime LED, how/when/how-long for indicators to turn on).

I am finally able to get more than one indicator light color to display, but app still appears to be screwed up (at least not performing to my understanding/expectation).
    Example: I send a few emails & a few txt-msgs as tests.
    Magenta = SMS Setting (during setup)
    Green = Email Setting (during setup)
    Results: Green Led flashes 8-1/2 times in a row then Magenta flashes 8-1/2 times in a row.
    It is my understanding/expectation that the Green & Magenta LED Indicators should alternate one-flash-each.
    The fact the color is flashing 8.5x per color, then switching color (when there are three of each msg. makes absolutely not sense to me).

Appreciate and constructive criticisms and/or comments.
    thanks,
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 (4.0.4)
    I am finally able to get more than one indicator light color to display, but app still appears to be screwed up (at least not performing to my understanding/expectation).
    Example: I send a few emails & a few txt-msgs as tests.
    Magenta = SMS Setting (during setup)
    Green = Email Setting (during setup)
    Results: Green Led flashes 8-1/2 times in a row then Magenta flashes 8-1/2 times in a row.
    It is my understanding/expectation that the Green & Magenta LED Indicators should alternate one-flash-each.
    The fact the color is flashing 8.5x per color, then switching color (when there are three of each msg. makes absolutely not sense to me).
    I think you need the full version rather than the lite to get it to cycle faster?
    Does the number if emails/sms matter? Is it just notification that you have one or more.

[I'm just following along 'cause I'm considering looking for an app like this. Looked at a couple a long time ago and never got back to it]

Successive notification colors, where the app cycles through all outstanding notification colors.
    Lite Version - Change every 20 seconds
    Full Version - Change up to every 2.5 seconds
    Last edited by Quick; 12-03-2012 at 01:05 AM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I think you need the full version rather than the lite to get it to cycle faster?
    Does the number if emails/sms matter? Is it just notification that you have one or more.

[I'm just following along 'cause I'm considering looking for an app like this. Looked at a couple a long time ago and never got back to it]
    Full vs. Lite "cycle faster" (this is not really what I'm talking about here (see below), but in the Lite Version the Flash Cycle is not grayed out so would assume this is controllable).
    No, personally I do not care about how many emails/sms with regard to the notification indicator. All I care/expect is that if I have one or more emails that I get a notification light + if I get one or more txt-msg that I get a notification light.
    What is going on is Example: I get an email + txt-msg.
    What happens is Green flashes 8.5 times (slowly) then Magenta Flashes 8.5 times.
    So, I need to sit there staring at the indicator LED for 8.5 flashes (like 10 full seconds) to see if it changes color, then maybe next color (another 10 full seconds, etc., etc.

Evidently I must not have explained this well enough above, so it goes likes this I send a test email, then a test txt:
    (Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, GreMagenta, Magenta, Magenta, Magenta, Magenta, Magenta, Magenta, Magenta, Magenta, MagGre, Green, Green, etc., etc.)
    I would expect an app like this to directly alternate the LED colors based on the various notification in cue (Green, Magenta, Green, Magenta, etc., etc.).
    Say you throw in a Social Network msg (that's user selected to be Blue): Green, Magenta, Blue, Green, Magenta, Blue, etc.

Yes being able to control the cycle rate would be a nifty carrot, but I'm just talking about simple basics of notification indicators.

The fact that the "tools/test settings" does not work (and by developers description should alternate all user programmed colors), seems to indicate there are problems related to "alternating notification colors".

This morning I had a flashing Magenta indicator after clearing all email, msg's, notifications. The only thing going on with the phone was the battery was below 30% (because I did not charge last night). Interestingly, in "Notification" I have Dark-Blue default selected for Low Battery. Go Figure - seems like bugs everywhere.

I am still interested in getting to the bottom of the issues here, and if can figure out what the heck's going on will bring the solutions to the OP#1 in this thread for others to learn from.

I have email exchange ongoing with developer, will post if get things working.
    Appreciate any/all constructive comments.

Regards,
    Last edited by Spey; 12-03-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: formatting
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Daughter thinks I'm nuts for staring at led, but here goes.....She sent me a text. Flashes magenta. Called myself. Flashes red. Alternates M-R-M-R...

Sent me an email. Now M-R-O-M-R-O. New text comes in. M-M-R-O-M-M-O. (So far, as hoped and expected....)

Issue comes when same color us used for different notification. I also use red for low battery. So....my sequence ended up as: RRMMOCC(cyan as a gmail came in)RRMOOCCRRMMOOCCR....

App works well for me, as it lets me know what notifications to attend to. Colors switch as notifications come in....

Again, my phone model is different, but I would think app should work similarly....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links