DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: signal issue

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    So what other phones are comparable to the m? I got it for .01 at best buy.
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    So what other phones are comparable to the m? I got it for .01 at best buy.
    For free? I'm honestly not sure... specwise, the HD and Maxx HD have the same guts, but more internal storage, bigger batteries, and nicer screens. The S3 also has the same guts, but more internal storage, 2gb of RAM, and the HD screen. The M is kind of in a league of its own b/c of it's size, its top-tier "engine", but mid-tier "frame" (sorry, bad analogy).

If you love it and can live with the 4G/3G inconsistencies, then stick with it - it's a cool phone and very unique. But if you can't handle the problems you're dealing with, I'd go back into Best Buy and shop around some more.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    can I change settings to make it pick up signal better? Other than that I am happy with it. I already sold the thunderbolt so that is out of the question.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    can I change settings to make it pick up signal better? Other than that I am happy with it. I already sold the thunderbolt so that is out of the question.
    There are probably some software or coding tweaks that can be done in the radio (as spey already mentioned) that are over most of our heads... but other than that, I really don't know. It always felt like it simply "gave up" on 4G too easily, or when it didn't have to, or didn't try hard enough to grab 4G when it should've... almost like it was avoiding 4G unless it was the absolute strongest signal available. Supposedly Jelly Bean addressed some of those issues, but I didn't see a drastic difference honestly.

Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I guess you sold yours? It gives up on ALL signal too quickly. This needs to be addessed by motorola.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I guess you sold yours?
    Yeah I did - because of that, and the camera. If I wasn't in an area where I know from a LOT of previous devices how my 4G should be behaving, I wouldn't have worried about the data reception.

Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    What phone would you recommend and how much can I get from the phone if I decided to sell it?
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    What phone would you recommend and how much can I get from the phone if I decided to sell it?
    I wouldn't recommend it if you just bought it at Best Buy. You won't get more than $400 for it on Craigslist or Swappa, and probably closer to $350-$380. Take it back to Best Buy and exchange it - you'll just have to see what's out there.

If you're hell bent on Motorola, I'd check out the Razr HD. It's bigger, but still thin, doesn't have the reception issues, and has a great screen, same UI, etc.

If a camera is real important, I'd check out the S3 or the DNA - though you'll be forking over more money for the DNA.

I don't think you'll see any of those free, at least not yet. Though I could be wrong - just check out what Best Buy has going right now.

Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I don't want to pay alot from the razr hd. If I can get it for cheap then yes. I love the m but the reception just plain out stinks.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M
    Any day of the week I could pick up a Thunderbolt for $50 - $80 (typically with a few accessories). Any day of the week you could sell your Razr M for $200+ and put the change in your pocket. Loved that built-in metal kick-stand on the T.Bolt myself !! Last two Razr M's I purchased were under $200 and previously unregistered (but I shop around & even was able to get them local).

I'll even be your first offer trade/solution option - a Thunderbolt inclusive multiple cases (including BodyGloves & other high-end cases), extra batteries (including hi-capps and rear covers), vehicle-dock, screen-protectors, etc., etc. Most of the accessories are N.I.B. (tested/unused). PM me if you want more info on this.

Or as jntdroid commented, simply exchange your Razr M for one that has features of your preference. Always helps to research before you commit, sounds like 4G is important to you (was not when I committed to Razr M). If exchange is on your list to move forward, and Motorola is your brand of choice - suggest you review Razr, Razr-HD, Razr-Maxx, Razr-Maxx-HD. I think the larger format form-factor of these devices lends benefit to the size and positioning of the 4g hardware and associated antenna along with all the other radios and antennas. If you want an "updated" T.Bolt I'd look at the HTC phones. Suggest you make a list (features you require, features you'd like). Systematically apply this list to every feature/specification on any device of interest/review. Waiting for a manufacturer to "hopefully" make a hardware or software change to a device is simply a source of aggravation I.M.H.O.

Regards,
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links