DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Where did my "Tools" go?

  1. Droid Newbie
    pmdeaver's Avatar
    Member #
    309177
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Razr M
    #1

    Where did my "Tools" go?

    I've lost my "Tools" icon on the main screen. Any ideas for how to retrieve it/replace it?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #2
    You can get the icon back by going to the app tray (icon that looks like 9 little squares in the middle at the bottom of the screen), then find your "Tools" app, press and hold, then drag it to the space on your home screen that you want it placed on and let go.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Newbie
    pmdeaver's Avatar
    Member #
    309177
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Razr M
    #3
    Unfortunately, it's no longer appearing in that section... I go from Text Messaging to Viewdini. No Tools. What am I doing wrong?
  5. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdeaver View Post
    Unfortunately, it's no longer appearing in that section... I go from Text Messaging to Viewdini. No Tools. What am I doing wrong?
    If it's gone from the App tray, then we need to dig a little deeper. If it's a pre-installed app, I believe that simply going in and clearing the cache, or disabling it and then re-enabling it can cause it to reappear.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Droid Newbie
    pmdeaver's Avatar
    Member #
    309177
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Razr M
    #5
    Great - will be happy to try - can you give me some instruction on doing that?
  7. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdeaver View Post
    I've lost my "Tools" icon on the main screen. Any ideas for how to retrieve it/replace it?
    You won't find it in your apps section because it's not an app....it's a folder that you can put whatever apps into that you choose.

    Just create another folder and load it with the apps of your choice.
  8. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    You can get the icon back by going to the app tray (icon that looks like 9 little squares in the middle at the bottom of the screen), then find your "Tools" app, press and hold, then drag it to the space on your home screen that you want it placed on and let go.
    That would work if he was talking about an app called "Tools" but he's not...it's a folder called "tools" which contains a few apps.
  9. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    If it's gone from the App tray, then we need to dig a little deeper. If it's a pre-installed app, I believe that simply going in and clearing the cache, or disabling it and then re-enabling it can cause it to reappear.
    It's not an app...it's a folder.....
  10. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIrv View Post
    You won't find it in your apps section because it's not an app....it's a folder that you can put whatever apps into that you choose.

    Just create another folder and load it with the apps of your choice.
    Thanks for the clarification...I don't own an M, so I am not familiar with that folder having already been created from the factory...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIrv View Post
    That would work if he was talking about an app called "Tools" but he's not...it's a folder called "tools" which contains a few apps.
    And again, thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIrv View Post
    It's not an app...it's a folder.....
    And again, thanks...

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  11. Droid Newbie
    pmdeaver's Avatar
    Member #
    309177
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Razr M
    #10
    Thanks, to all of you, for your responses. Can someone tell me the apps that are factory loaded into the "tools" folder that I need to recreate?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 107
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. "No sim", "No service", "failed" notification for sent text messages
    By SLL in forum Galaxy S3 General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM
  3. "Root Tools" app problem
    By HuckleSmothered in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
  4. Droid Mod Helper "Get the Tools" not working
    By allsounds in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
  5. Black Crystal "tools" icons by ~Cakes~
    By Corinacakes in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:16 AM

Search tags for this page

how to get the tools icon back on droid razor m

,

my tools 2 go

,

tools folder on razr m

,
tools icon on motorola droid
,

tools icon on razr m

,
wear is the droid razr m tools app
,

where can i find tools on my android

,

where do i find tools on my phone

,

where is my tools icon

,

where is tools on my phone

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+