DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean Update Broke Some Stuff

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    Another option to make up for the Speed Dial settings going away is to use the "Direct Dial" widget/shortcut. This puts a 1x1 widget on your screen with your contact's picture. When you first add the widget, it will prompt you to choose which phone number to call. Once it's added, just tap the widget to immediately open your default dialer app and call that person.

It's what I do, and it's built into the OS, so no third-party apps needed.
    Droid Razr M, currently stock and rooted

Check me out on Google+!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Re: Jelly Bean Update Broke Some Stuff

I had not seen the Direct Dial widget, thanks. It still uses up a lot of screen real estate per person though.

I have also downloaded Dialer One, Dialer, TouchPal, DW Contacts and Phone, and QuickDial. All seem similar to GO Contacts, which has done the trick of replacing the dialer and including speed-dial capabilities so far. Gotta play with them and see if one is better than another.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Incredible2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas4321
    I had not seen the Direct Dial widget, thanks. It still uses up a lot of screen real estate per person though.
    You can stack them... Making them a folder. This will help with your real estate issue.

Sent from my Motorola RazrM using Droid Forums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    islandfellow
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbasehore View Post
    Another option to make up for the Speed Dial settings going away is to use the "Direct Dial" widget/shortcut. This puts a 1x1 widget on your screen with your contact's picture. When you first add the widget, it will prompt you to choose which phone number to call. Once it's added, just tap the widget to immediately open your default dialer app and call that person.

It's what I do, and it's built into the OS, so no third-party apps needed.
    I just saw the direct dial widget and came to let you know, this seems the best way, and imho seems better than the speed dial. You can have more than eight contacts.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx hd
    Well, IMHO there's no substitute as good as speed dial. You want to call and it's there. Did Moto hire a bunch of displaced Audi HVC designers? Why make it complicated? If they think they have something better offer both and let us decide, or don't and let us decide what phone we want to buy.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx hd
    Well, IMHO there's no substitute as good as speed dial. You want to call and it's there. Did Moto hire a bunch of displaced Audi HVC designers? Why make it complicated? If they think they have something better offer both and let us decide, or don't and let us decide what phone we want to buy.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx hd
    So I've been playing with direct dial. To use it, 1: You have to have another widget on screen. 2: You have 4 key strokes to make a call rather than 3. 3: If you're in a call you have to back out to home screen to use it. 4: You have to look at little widgets that are much smaller than the dial pad. How is this better?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Re: Jelly Bean Update Broke Some Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Webbslinger View Post
    I completely agree. I have substituted DW Dialer for the stock dialer now, and am VERY happy. I have speed dialing like I had before the upgrade to JB. I only have 7 people on my speed dial list, so it works well for me. Also, I don't have to open the Contacts/People list to find someone quickly - I just type their name on the keypad (first or last) and it quickly narrows down to the people I am looking for. I have about 450 people in my phone book, so this method works great for me.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RazrM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas4321 View Post
    Also, I don't have to open the Contacts/People list to find someone quickly - I just type their name on the keypad (first or last) and it quickly narrows down to the people I am looking for. I have about 450 people in my phone book, so this method works great for me.
    Actually, I believe that this functionality is built in to the stock dialer.
    I do agree, though, that having speed dial on the stock dialer would be great.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx hd
    DW Dialer works fine. BUT, it doesn't open from the unlock page so still requires another key stroke and you have to back out of a received call to access it. Basically, it's hanging a bag on the device. Note to Motorola: fix this or lose customers.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links