DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..

I am not sure why is motorola advertising the Razr M as having a 4.3 inch display.. It most certainly does not..It's closer to a 4" in reality..
    Coming from a true 4.3 display in the EVO 3D, I right away noticed that while using the Razr M, that this screen felt much smaller than my EVO 3d did..
    I placed them side by side and low and behold the evos screen was consideratly taller.. I realized that motorola is claiming that the area were the capacitive button are permantly, located are actually part of the display.. That is total BS.. I also dont know why they call it an edge to edge screen, when it is most surely not..
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Your right and wrong. The button space does cut into the total screen area and leaves it at more around 4", but the buttons are not permanent. When using many apps, especially gaming ones, the buttons disappear and you get the full 4.3" size. Playing videos also makes the buttons go away and you get true full screen.

Regardless you will be hard to find another phone of the same physical size that has a equal or bigger screen than the M.

Sent from RAZR M running Jelly Bean
    jroc, pc747 and slsmag like this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Re: Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..

Agreed. Also, if you want to say the screen size on the M is incorrect, you would have to say that about the HD and every Nexus device starting with the GNEX and Nexus 7.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    jroc likes this.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2113 View Post
    Your right and wrong. The button space does cut into the total screen area and leaves it at more around 4", but the buttons are not permanent. When using many apps, especially gaming ones, the buttons disappear and you get the full 4.3" size. Playing videos also makes the buttons go away and you get true full screen.

Regardless you will be hard to find another phone of the same physical size that has a equal or bigger screen than the M.

Sent from RAZR M running Jelly Bean

So far, i have played 1 video game on it (mini squadron) and have played a few video clips, and those buttons remained there all throughout..
    I just wish motorola was more truthful in their advertising..I'm pretty sure that they are claiming its a 4.3 display just to sway potential smartphone
    buyers away from buying the 4 inch iphone5.. Also, whats up with not being able to disable the vibrate when coming off of the lock screen? A phone that doesnt allow u to stop it from vibrating? Are they kidding with that one??
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    For many of my apps/games the on screen buttons disappear, which is the same as any true ICS display. And I have vibrate turned off. The only time I ever get vibrate is if I set the volume down to vibrate. It's all a matter of personal preference and this phone works great for me.
    jroc likes this.
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid View Post
    Agreed. Also, if you want to say the screen size on the M is incorrect, you would have to say that about the HD and every Nexus device starting with the GNEX and Nexus 7.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I would say that about all those phones and tabs... its truly a smaller screen 90% of the time... and while your typing the keyboards are way too high

its actual screen size is only during games and movies... which most people aren't doing that often

the 4.8 of the samsung s3 looks far larger than the 4.7 moto HD because the on-screen buttons not just the .1" overall difference

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Yea.....I logged into Netflix and the buttons disappear when watching a movie.

Its not false advertising. Its also one reason why I never liked the on screen keys when I had a G Nex, and I still dont like em. I'm just waiting for some on screen key mods to remove them. Also a reason why I'm a fan of hard keys.
    Last edited by jroc; 10-27-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

maybe they'll start advertising them as 4.1/4.3" lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    For many of my apps/games the on screen buttons disappear, which is the same as any true ICS display. And I have vibrate turned off. The only time I ever get vibrate is if I set the volume down to vibrate. It's all a matter of personal preference and this phone works great for me.
    How on earth did you disable the haptic vibrate feature when unlocking the lock screen?? I called motorola themselves and they said there was no way to disable it.. Please show me how???, I'd really appreciate it...
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Yea.....I logged into Netflix and the buttons disappear when watching a movie.

Its not false advertising. Its also one reason why I never liked the on screen keys when I had a G Nex, and I still dont like em. I'm just waiting for some on screen key mods to remove them. Also a reason why I'm a fan of hard keys.
    Yes the buttons dissapear from one side and reappear on the other side.. Have you noticed that??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links