DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    For Netflix, you might have to tap the screen for full screen. But my keys disappear all the way.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyguy7

How on earth did you disable the haptic vibrate feature when unlocking the lock screen?? I called motorola themselves and they said there was no way to disable it.. Please show me how???, I'd really appreciate it...
    Me too, me too, me too.....!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    The other thing you have to realize is the M has a wider screen, and they are measured corner to corner not top to bottom
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyguy7

How on earth did you disable the haptic vibrate feature when unlocking the lock screen?? I called motorola themselves and they said there was no way to disable it.. Please show me how???, I'd really appreciate it...
    Wow, pretty crazy. I think that may be the only haptic feedback I get but it is barely noticeable. I actually tried to change the setting in sounds by checking and unchecking Screen Lock Sound but no difference either way. Now I'm wondering if my vibrate/haptic feedback is barely working (which would explain why I don't have those problems).

Edit: turned haptic vibrate on for everything. It works but is very very weak compared to the haptic feedback on my Maxx...which serves me quite well because it drove me crazy on my Maxx (which is why I keep it off).
    Last edited by TisMyDroid; 10-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1690 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Re: Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..

The on screen buttons are a love it or hate it thing.

There are times I like it because it gives the phone a clean look in the front. I like the all screen look.
    But at times the on screen buttons get in the way when typing. Overall I like that we have choices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    jroc likes this.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    +1000! Been said a million times before but that is why we choose Android!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr M
    yeah buttons go away for MX video player. I like on screen buttons too so I have no complaints. It's just like on iOS when a part of an app (most apps) have a back on the upper left to go to the previous screen and there's a title etc. That takes up screen real estate too in terms of the app. iOS has basically in app navigation buttons that take up screen space. I do wish the nav bar was a little smaller however, I was able to edit this to be 30px on custom roms on the S3..I used nav keys even with the hardware buttons.

many apps look like this image.

Razr M. 4.3" Display?? I think NOT..-screenshot-u00252bdam-2bcydia-2bapp-2bbigboss.png
    Last edited by aznguyen316; 10-27-2012 at 07:28 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by aznguyen316 View Post
    yeah buttons go away for MX video player. I like on screen buttons too so I have no complaints. It's just like on iOS when a part of an app (most apps) have a back on the upper left to go to the previous screen and there's a title etc. That takes up screen real estate too in terms of the app. iOS has basically in app navigation buttons that take up screen space. I do wish the nav bar was a little smaller however, I was able to edit this to be 30px on custom roms on the S3..I used nav keys even with the hardware buttons.

many apps look like this image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot%u00252BDam%2BCydia%2BApp%2BBigBoss.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	57644
    I never thought about it that way. The actual screen that you actually use is smaller on some apps.

Is there a way to hide the soft keys and make them show up only when you hit the power button or something?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RazrM
    I agree with the love them or hate em.. for me, I love them! The impaired real estate is well worth not having to worry about liquids/debris/wear or breaking of the hard keys that always seemed to plague mine in past phones. Besides, i've no doubt some hacks will come along that will also make these soft keys moddable :-)
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by sonik View Post
    I agree with the love them or hate em.. for me, I love them! The impaired real estate is well worth not having to worry about liquids/debris/wear or breaking of the hard keys that always seemed to plague mine in past phones. Besides, i've no doubt some hacks will come along that will also make these soft keys moddable :-)
    I dont mind soft keys at all. I actually like them more so than the physical ones on the S3 and the iphone, I just wish it was a true 4.3 screen not counting them being there.. I just had my Razr M, next to an iphone5 and the screens are basically the same size, the razr M's may be a tad bit wider, but the height is the same, the iphones may be a a touch taller.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links