DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't access SD card to get apps

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr M

Can't access SD card to get apps

I'm moving from the HTC Incredible to the Razr M and I have all my old stuff (contacts, apps) on my SD card. The new phone recognized that there was an SD card, tried to import pictures/movies of which there were none. I did manage to get my imported contacts off the SD card through the People section. But now I can't see to figure out how to get the apps - can't access them at all, don't know where they are or how to get to them. When I look under Settings > Storage it sees that there is a mounted SD card but doesn't seem like there's anything on it. But I know the apps are on there, as I can't access them in my old phone either.

So, how do I get to my apps? I don't want to have to install them all again from the Play store when I have them all on the SD card.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Welcome to Droid Forums joyride! Your SD card may have some app settings but will not have the actual apps. To get your apps back, the best thing to do is to install them one by one from the play store. Open the play store app. You may be prompted to sign in with your gmail address and password. Use the gmail address that you used when you installed the apps on your previous phone. Once signed in, go to the settings menu and choose My Apps. Swipe the screen to the left and all your previously installed apps will be listed. Install the ones you still want (it lists every app you ever installed, so there may be several you don't use anymore).

Have fun with your new RAZR M!

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Welcome to Droid Forums joyride! Your SD card may data on some app settings... all your previously installed apps will be listed. Install the ones you still want (it lists every app you ever installed, so there may be several you don't use anymore).

Have fun with your new RAZR M!
    Thanks so much for the response. If my SD card has the settings and I install the apps again, will I have all my previous data on them, or do I have to start over with each one?
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joyride777 View Post
    Thanks so much for the response. If my SD card has the settings and I install the apps again, will I have all my previous data on them, or do I have to start over with each one?
    It depends on the app - most apps you have to manually backup any settings that can be saved. So if you didn't do that, you'll likely have to start over. This is one of the main reasons I like to root - you can backup/restore the apps and the data within.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Links