Have any of you been able to get Foxfi working on this phone on Verizon?
Let me start w/ some background:
- I had an unrooted Droid X with Foxfi working daily
- My Razr M is basically stock (not rooted)
- I have a 4G 2G/mo data plan
I have researched this issue fairly extensively and have not been able to get Foxfi wifi tethering successfully on 2 Win7 laptops that previously were working with the DroidX and that connect to DSL via wifi.
I have tried:
- rebooting the phone
- clearing cache, stop and start app, then reboot
- changing network name, password on/off, etc
- airplane mode on/off
- Foxfi addon for proxy server
- Enabling the Verizon hotspot feature, and then cancelling (to verify the hardware works)
- On the PC side - clearing old network names, troubleshooting, etc
Foxfi detects internet connection and starts hotspot successfully. I can see the network on the laptop and get prompted for a password. It will connect, but in limited fashion, i.e. no internet (which is useless).
Based on my unsuccessful attempts, and without proof that anyone else has Foxfi working on the Razr M, I suspect that:
1) Foxfi has not been updated for compatibility with this phone or
2) Motorola and/or Verizon is blocking access (less likely, due to FCC/Copyright office rulings)
I have around 10 days left on my return period. If I can't get this to work, I will probably go w/ a Galaxy S3 since it appears to be working with Foxfi on forums (maybe due to different manufacturer or older release date).
Thank you in advance for any help.